SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-01-06, 02:28 PM   #1
JakeRS

Default Excellent Insurance Company :-D

I've been with Rampdale insurance for a while now, on my old RS125 and on my 2nd SV, cos they're cheaper than anyone else at the moment.

Anyway, I'm about to take ownership of an ER5, for commuting to work, so the SV can sit in my Dad's garage being well looked after and a lovely bike, rather than covered in salt and water and sh*te.

So I phoned Rampdale. I want to add an ER5 to my insurance, and move address as I'm moving on Saturday. Also, I want to leave one bike at my Dad's 8 miles away.

£155 he said. Great, I thought, plus the admin cost, a bump up because its a dodgier area, and some because the bikes are going to be in different places, and one garaged, one on road.

No, £155 in total. And I've taken the garage clause off, so the bikes can be kept anywhere, he said.

Wow. I was gobsmacked, I thought it'd be at least £250 for the whole lot.

One happy customer, top stuff Rampdale!
Old 17-01-06, 03:23 PM   #2
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

So often we talk about the ******* companies and poor customer service on here, so it is always nice to big up a company who are exceptional in the service they supply.

Well done Rampdale.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-06, 03:31 PM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

I was with Rampdale for the 'orrible Yam, they were pretty good. Cheap, reasonably efficient, couldn't deal with anything complicated (how they laughed when I tried to insure my SV with them last year) but I was always pleased with them...

I used to garage the Yam but when I got the SV I threw it out in the rain where it belonged... Phoned Rampdale up to tell them, expecting to be savaged on the requote, but it cost me £2 extra to insure for outside, and they waived the policy change charge. Very good that.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-06, 09:08 AM   #4
Stormspiel

I had a 125cc policy with rampdale,£995 TPFT Garaged for a £2500 bike. Didn't mind as that was cheaper than all the rest i had got . After 1 years NCB it dropped to £500 TPFT (still at least £300 less than nearest). As soon as i passed my test and wanted to insure the Sv..They start Quoteing £1300+ Saved myself a grand by getting it with motorcycle direct. Still i had no problems with them really...just didn't reckon much to the quote on sv
Old 18-01-06, 09:11 AM   #5
JakeRS

Nor did I on my first SV, but once I had a self fault claim, their charge didnt change, only upped the excess by £150.

So I got it for £1000, when I was being quoted £1600 or so by other companies.

Well done Rampdale, again heh