SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 08-10-12, 03:51 PM   #11
Runako

Default Re: Newbie - to bikes and forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettus View Post
I got 7k out of mine and swapped then. They aren't bad, just there are much better alternatives out there.
You're likely to get 20,000 miles out of them, they're so rock hard! And that's the point. Yes, they're alright for commuting/mileage etc. But they're not good and can be bad (i.e. heavy braking lock up). The bike is budget but is far far more capable than the stock tyres. The day you change to better tyres you'll see its one of the most noticeable improvements you can make, especially if you eventually push the bike harder as you learn.

But this is all part of the fun and I hope you enjoy every minute.
Old 08-10-12, 03:52 PM   #12
Brettus

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyburd View Post
Anyway, back to welcoming the new whippersnapper from Creewee (that's how my old Geography teacher used to pronounce it )
Better than what gets done to the signs on the approach:

Bakewell is one of the runs I've been wanting to do but never got around to it. I've made it over to Buxton a few times (mainly on Mister C's chippy run) but rarely gone beyond, usually headed North.

Wonder if we will get a half decent weekend in the remainder of the year for a short notice rideout. Haven't been on any this year I think as the summer has been so unreliable.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-12, 05:30 PM   #13
Scythe92

Hello, there's plenty of us from Crewe! I'm from Alsager, about 5 miles away