SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 08-10-12, 11:46 AM   #1
Danders

Default Newbie - to bikes and forums

Ive been browsing the forum for a few months, getting some pointers before I bought the below (black one). Now got a few miles under my belt and thought it a good time to say hello...

I passed this summer with a few mates. It turns out your numbers are up by two, as two of us went for SV's. Hopefully make it to some kind of meet soon, as we're keen to learn and get involved.

Cheers for now.

Andy

Old 08-10-12, 11:52 AM   #2
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Newbie - to bikes and forums

Croeso!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 12:12 PM   #3
Runako

Welcome. Change thos Dunlops ... trust me
Old 08-10-12, 12:22 PM   #4
missyburd

Howdydoo...enjoy your SV! And maybe watch where you choose to balance your lid...bike tanks are slippy
Old 08-10-12, 12:43 PM   #5
Danders

Thanks for the welcome.

Have you had a bad experience with the Dunlops? Ill do a bit of research when it comes to replacing - right now I'm not out in the wet, or by any means pushing them to the edges.
Old 08-10-12, 12:59 PM   #6
Brettus

I didn't know you strayed this far down Missyburd (geographically and forumaphically, we are quite a way down the page)

Welcome Danders, another Crewe-ite into the fold.
Re the tyres, it's an accepted fact that the stock tyres are to a (pretty low) budget. There are lots of threads on alternatives, some people rush out and change them but I got 7k out of mine and swapped then. They aren't bad, just there are much better alternatives out there. (same story with the suspension, brakes and most other things that people gripe about TBH, it IS a budget bike, and a cracking one IMHO)

Enjoy the bike, I'm still quietly hopeful for another nice Wednesday to sound the call of "pub?" and see who pokes their head over the parapet
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 01:42 PM   #7
Danders

I certainly am enjoying the bike - a trip over to Bakewell on Saturday confirmed all that money on the test was worthwhile.

I'll keep my eyes open for the call to pub also.
Old 08-10-12, 02:11 PM   #8
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettus View Post
I didn't know you strayed this far down Missyburd (geographically and forumaphically, we are quite a way down the page)
Oh pardon me for a welcome. I suppose I meant to post in the first thread and after reading this one as well forgot to switch back. I'm so sorry for daring to post outside of my region without good cause, I'll feck orf back to Yorkshire now, see ya!
Old 08-10-12, 03:45 PM   #9
Brettus

LOL I was more meaning it was nice to see another friendly face in here We need all of them we can get

I need to have a word with you at some point about a commission if you aren't fully booked for the seasonal period just yet too.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-12, 03:47 PM   #10
missyburd

Should step in here more often if it gets me more business!

Anyway, back to welcoming the new whippersnapper from Creewee (that's how my old Geography teacher used to pronounce it )