SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 04-08-10, 12:20 PM   #221
kellyjo

Default Re: AR10 Wales, the Hovis TT - official thread.

When I passed my DAS last year my instructor insisted I got out in the rain as soon as possible, in fact he told me to get out in everything besides snow and ice. I did this and soon overcame concerns about riding in the wet, and rode through the winter

If anything id rather ride in the wet than strong winds. At least in the wet you can see the conditions and adjust your ride accordingly, I hate strong winds because you cant predict the next gust, most unsettling!!
Old 04-08-10, 12:33 PM   #222
robh539

I don't mind the rain TBH, . I agree riding in the rain is good for honing skills/control.

strong winds definitely not fun, smelly too
Old 04-08-10, 03:53 PM   #223
Viney
Mega Poster

I ride like a girl in the rain always have, even more so than in the dry (Before someone says it) Too much slippery stuff in london
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 04:43 PM   #224
Specialone

I was out on my DRZ on saturday just gone and behind 3 guys on gixers for 2 biggish islands, they were holding me (yes me) up, so i can ride in the rain, just prefer not to.

Cant believe what a fuss people are making over it, we all prefer things, so what?
Old 04-08-10, 05:13 PM   #225
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

If people don't like riding in the rain, they don't like it. No fuss. Everyone should ride how they want to.....end of.

Yes it can really improve your riding if you can conquer riding comfortably in the rain. But, if peeps don't like it then its their choice.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 05:45 PM   #226
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
Cant believe what a fuss people are making over it, we all prefer things, so what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post

Anybody who says they like riding in the rain, lies
I doubt anyone mind which preferences you employ, but perhaps the erroneous mass generalization could explain the "fuss"

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 05:48 PM   #227
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
I doubt anyone mind which preferences you employ, but perhaps the erroneous mass generalization could explain the "fuss"

Cheers Mark.
And I would venture to suggest Mark that the smiley at the end rather clearly implied that his comment was not so much an "erroneous mass generalisation" and more a "tongue in cheek" comment.
Old 04-08-10, 05:52 PM   #228
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post

Cheers Mark.

Mark i hope you and everyone else realises my comments were made tongue in cheek, i couldnt care less what people do think of me for not liking the rain, each to their own i guess

Stop using big words btw, i get confused

Edit, i can see from my earlier post i didnt come across as intended, wasnt intentional .

Last edited by Specialone; 04-08-10 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-08-10, 06:01 PM   #229
rictus01
Mega Poster

yeah you can say anything you like as long as you put a smiley on the end.

if the OP didn't want a "fuss" the comment need not have been made, which is clearly "erroneous" by the replies and "mass generalization" by the "anybody".

and according to that logic the smiley shows whether the OP just sits and looks at his bike is of no particular concern anyway, I was more pointing, as he seemed confused by the "fuss" why it might have been caused.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 04-08-10, 06:02 PM   #230
rictus01
Mega Poster

No worrries, perhaps the addition of 3 letters might help next time IMO

Cheers Mark.