SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 17-10-16, 07:42 PM   #11
500tie

Default Re: Hi New Member Just Bought an SV

Looking at the pictures mate I can just about make out where someone has previously fibre glassed and filled the original holes, there was only ever 2 designs of curvy SV the naked and faired. Your indicator mirrors are defiantly a cheap aftermarket addition that's why the carbon effect is the same as the dash. The relay should be under the seats amongst the bits you have already taken apart. The only thing I can suggest is to try and trace the wires and check them over as they may have been added by a baffoon who hasn't wired them properly. Your tail tidy will look much better in the original black plastic keeping it a little more original
Old 17-10-16, 08:07 PM   #12
jagryan85

Cheers for that mate. I have looked hard and i still can't make out where the indicator should go! Must of been a good job although i have just found a paint run where the front air ducts are so safe to say its definately had a spray job but apart from the 1 little run it doesn't look half a bad job. I quite like the mirrors to be honest, I don't fancy having to re cut the holes. I saw a big block type of relay next to the fuses, but if i pull that i loose pretty much everything electrical wise on the dash, and the indicators stop working so this block of tricks does more than just control the indicators. So i'm going to go with the earth/bodged wiring issue and start to track backwards from the rear loom.

Ryan
Old 17-10-16, 08:23 PM   #13
500tie

By the sounds of it mate your electrics need a good overhaul. Picture below is the best I've got at the moment of the original indicator area

Old 17-10-16, 08:49 PM   #14
jagryan85

Looking sweet mate. Can't wait to get mine out and give her a good clean up. I see where you mean now. Still can't tell on my bike though!

Well within 5 minutes I have found two chaffed wires rubbing on the rear frame. Just patched them up & the indicators are working great now

One step closer to this MOT haha

Ryan
Old 17-10-16, 08:53 PM   #15
500tie

Glad you're getting her sorted mate slowly but surely hey
Old 17-10-16, 09:01 PM   #16
jagryan85

Might get a ride out sometime this year haha
Old 05-12-16, 03:10 PM   #17
jagryan85

Just thought I would update this thread. After spending around £200 on bits and bobs (tyres, brakes, new undertray/licence holder ect...) my SV has now a fresh MOT on her. Had one advisory for a slightly damaged front wheel valve. On inspection I could see no problem with it my understanding was he didn't want to give me a clean sheet haha. Anyway I got the valve replaced just to put my mind at ease as I wouldn't want the front wheel loosing pressure on me at a critical moment. So it seems I got the chance to give her a blast before the year was over but not a big one. Still getting me bearings with a big bike and these cold frosty and wet days are hard to build up any confidence in the corners at the moment. But least I get to take her out when I please now

Thanks to all the input into the thread and hopefully one day soon I might get the chance to meet up with some of you for a blast into north wales when the time is right

Ryan
Old 06-12-16, 12:40 PM   #18
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Thats a very tidy looking curvy you have there. Any photos of her with the new undertray?
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 07:51 PM   #19
500tie

Glad you've got her sorted mate, I always keep mine taxed and MOT'd so if we get a random good day now I can take it out.... Bloody love it
Old 07-12-16, 08:01 PM   #20
jagryan85

Me 2 mate the exhaust note with the aftermarket can on just makes me want to keep the throttle wide open bloody sounds terrific and doesn't half give you a kick up the **** I don't know how people can hold on to the bigger monster bikes!!