SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 24-10-08, 10:09 AM   #1
guzz316

Default Saltire suzuki - best dealers ever?

just thought id give a plug to callum and the boys at saltire, having previously bought from carrick, these guys are in a different world when it comes to service!! got my new k8 sport, turned up a day b4 was meant to pick it up, wasnt taxed, but no worries, abe sorted that it 10 minutes and off i went chuffed to bits! then, it needed its 600 mile service, booked in at the last minute, no problem, ready a few hours later! when i had my datatool s4 fitted i was told it would be ready about 3-4pm as they were busier than usual - i got a call at 12:30pm to say it was ready-and had been washed! every time i go in i am very impressed with the down to earth attitude and proffesionalism(spelling?) shown from all of the guys. i wont go anyway else from now on!!!!!
Old 24-10-08, 12:03 PM   #2
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Re: Saltire suzuki - best dealers ever?

They are very good. They have their bad moments too but they do usually make good on them. It helps that so many of them know what it's like to work for a dealer that goes down the tubes I think!
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-08, 12:14 PM   #3
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Sounds like the service I'd expect from any shop I felt worthy of my business. Hang on to 'em, although if you're into buying brand new bikes it's their priority to look after you!
Old 24-10-08, 05:31 PM   #4
Tiger 55

No. The best dealers ever were Scotbike, back when they were in a basement/dungeon in Otago Street.

You could take a test ride without a licence or ID of any kind, buy a Kwak GT550 on impulse, leave it in storage for for 9 months (free) while you saw the world, get them to rebuild the bottom end a year later because...oil?...what does that do? (warranty!) and drink coffee and smoke fags all day instead of going to lectures.

They were still pretty good, fantastic actually, when they went to Great Western Road but they were never the same after Maryhill and, well, I guess we all just moved on.

Don Rutherford, Jim Kane, Tony Hale - where are they now?

M&P? Sh*t 'em.

Last edited by Tiger 55; 24-10-08 at 05:42 PM.
Old 24-10-08, 11:45 PM   #5
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Jim Kane sold me my first and last Kawasaki. Ex-demo 2 stroke KDX. Thats was a double hand-grenade. Amazing bike, cos you don't know any different!

They also became Cagiva dealers and sold my learner mate a brand new 125 2 stroke Cagiva Roadster, a horrible custom thing, that when the fork seals popped after a few hundred miles, sent him back on the road with no seals and feck all oil.

Came round to my house and said," My bike does not feel right, have a go."

You had to pick the forks up by lifting the handlebars after every bump. He had been riding everyday for a few weeks like this.

Can't remember if he ever saw those ordered fork seals.

Needless to say, he never went further than doing his CBT.
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-09, 12:42 PM   #6
Kilted Ginger

Sorry but another plug for Saltire, I've had 3 dealings with them in the past week and each time great. Callum and the boys go above and beyond and i've nothing but praise for them.
One complaint however they could do with moving their premises a bit more central scotland, say Falkirk / stirling area
Old 22-04-09, 02:39 PM   #7
Tiger 55

Since this thread is back from the dead....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post
Don Rutherford, Jim Kane, Tony Hale - where are they now?
Don Rutherford is the Head Cheese at West Coast Harley, met him the other week.

Just Jim and Tony to track down...
Old 22-04-09, 10:16 PM   #8
Kilted Ginger

Al do you fancy doing this since you've an in with the management
Old 23-04-09, 06:50 AM   #9
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Ginger View Post
Al do you fancy doing this since you've an in with the management
Done it! Pictures to follow...
Old 25-06-09, 11:55 AM   #10
divorce certifi

Scottish motorcycle dealer Saltire Suzuki have been voted top Suzuki dealer in the country by an independent survey carried out by renowned motorcycle consumer publication – Ride Magazine.
Established in July 2006, Saltire may be a new name, but the extensive experience of the team behind them has seen an unprecedented performance in their first entry into the annual Rider Power Survey, scooping best Suzuki dealer not only in the Scottish region, but for the whole of the UK too.
Talking about the awards, Saltire Suzuki’s Calum Murray commented, “Clearly we are delighted to be named in these awards. The Rider Power Survey is the only one of it’s kind, voted for by motorcyclists across the UK. We pride ourselves in understanding individual customer needs, and tailor every element of our business towards the customer, so it’s great to be recognised in this way”.
Along with being named top Suzuki dealer, Saltire also finished fifth in the overall dealer category for the UK, regardless of make sold, as well as being the best performing Japanese franchised dealer overall too.
Offering Suzuki dedicated sales and aftersales service, Saltire Suzuki can be found at 4 Dundee Terrace, Edinburgh, EH11 1DL, Telephone 0131 478 6661 or visit their website at www.saltiresuzuki.com

Filed under: