Anonymous

hold on to your keys if you go again cronos
Old 15-07-06, 11:02 AM   #4
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutty tart
hold on to your keys if you go again cronos

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-06, 04:29 PM   #5
Cronos

Get lost the lot of you!!! :P

Was down there for a few hours today and wasn't too impressed to be honest. It looks like a lot of people are using it as a stopover before going to BSB at Knockhill tomorrow.

Oh yeah and before there're any more wise cracks, I kept my key on a bit of string around my neck!
Old 15-07-06, 08:34 PM   #6
northwind
Mega Poster

Thought it was miles better than 2 years ago. Hardly anything on in the arena, in fact I only remember seeing the tug of war, but there were a few more clubs, a wider variety of stalls, not just the usual stalls all selling the same rubbish gloves and tools. Still not brilliant, mind.

SV and Bandit Owner's Club were there... "So this is the SV and Bandit Owners Club is it?" ""Sure is" "You seem to be missing something" "What?" SVs!"

The wall of death is a laugh... I left after 2 runs because there's not really anything else they can do once they've zoomed around the wall and made you **** yourself by riding up near you a few times, but it's worth seeing.

The autojumble's utterly rubbish, by the way. About 4 stalls, all useless unless you want a broken '89 GS1100 front fairing panel or a chain that's rusted into a single block. There's a really, seriously good stainless steel bolts stall, and a wee rubbish one (the really good one is two stalls down from the rubbish one, spend no money there!)

I got a rather nice Spada mesh jacket... £30 with no armour in, so I just fitted the Knox stuff from my winter jacket, sorted. Not an awful lot of abrasion protection of course, but I wore it home and what a difference in the heat. Lovely. Usually they're £70 with armour but they had one with none for some reason.

If anyone goes tomorrow, one of the tools stalls has a box of stethoscopes for £4- I meant to get a set but forgot, go and grab me one?
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-06, 04:58 AM   #7
Scooby Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
Thought it was miles better than 2 years ago. Hardly anything on in the arena, in fact I only remember seeing the tug of war, but there were a few more clubs, a wider variety of stalls, not just the usual stalls all selling the same rubbish gloves and tools. Still not brilliant, mind.

SV and Bandit Owner's Club were there... "So this is the SV and Bandit Owners Club is it?" ""Sure is" "You seem to be missing something" "What?" SVs!"

The wall of death is a laugh... I left after 2 runs because there's not really anything else they can do once they've zoomed around the wall and made you **** yourself by riding up near you a few times, but it's worth seeing.

The autojumble's utterly rubbish, by the way. About 4 stalls, all useless unless you want a broken '89 GS1100 front fairing panel or a chain that's rusted into a single block. There's a really, seriously good stainless steel bolts stall, and a wee rubbish one (the really good one is two stalls down from the rubbish one, spend no money there!)

I got a rather nice Spada mesh jacket... £30 with no armour in, so I just fitted the Knox stuff from my winter jacket, sorted. Not an awful lot of abrasion protection of course, but I wore it home and what a difference in the heat. Lovely. Usually they're £70 with armour but they had one with none for some reason.

If anyone goes tomorrow, one of the tools stalls has a box of stethoscopes for £4- I meant to get a set but forgot, go and grab me one?
Stethoscopes it is - should I get one for myself while I'm at it?
Old 16-07-06, 06:27 AM   #8
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Quote:
Stethoscopes
OK.

Probably showing my ignorance but I'm gonna bite.

What for

I hopeits for more than just doctors and nurses

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-06, 03:43 PM   #9
northwind
Mega Poster

It's for finding out where that bloody rattle is coming from
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-06, 10:31 PM   #10
independentphoto

The proper engineers version of the "Stethoscope" has a thin metal tube on the end where a (nice) nurse would normally place it on your tit. It's a more useful and much posher version than an old screwdriver held against the ear.

Incidentally, it would be called a "sonoscope" were it to meet this description.

Doctor Northwind IS in the house........ and him all loved up after AR06 too. Me thinks doctors and nurses is more likely!

Garry