SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-09-07, 10:07 AM   #1
JuicyGuzzi

Default Project help: Custom lights and tach for track

Hello all,

Further stripping down of my SV for track only. I am going to build a custom bracket for tach, oil, temp, fuel and nuetral lights. Everything else goes away.

Wondering if the ignition is routed through the head chip for rev-limiting, and what other issues may come up. I can probably get the oil, temp and neutral lights going without too much work. I see some diodes in the schematic - will figure that out. The fuel gauge may be a 3 wire situation - I don't know.

Anyone tackle this already? Any hints?

Thanks,
Denis
Old 24-09-07, 04:31 PM   #2
jambo
Mega Poster

Default Re: Project help: Custom lights and tach for track

The haynes manual has a full wiring diagram. As far as I'm aware the instrument pod is purely for display and does not actively affect the bike. It should run without it (I may be wrong on this).

The rev limiter is built into the ignition control unit.
Old 24-09-07, 04:51 PM   #3
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
The haynes manual has a full wiring diagram. As far as I'm aware the instrument pod is purely for display and does not actively affect the bike. It should run without it (I may be wrong on this).

The rev limiter is built into the ignition control unit.
Ive run my bike on track without any thing past the front part of the loom, it ran totaly fine. Only things that it still had was all the switch gear connected.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-07, 07:55 PM   #4
JuicyGuzzi

Right, right. I ran it withhout head chip (everything pulled off of front except hand control connectors). The rev limiter worked fine. Temp, nuetral, oil lights are easy. The low fuel light runs through the head chip PC board - I probably will not bother with a work-around on that. Tach and idiot lights going into the section that used to hold speedo. The old tach section is sawed off now. The problem was that the tach was vunerable in a get-off. Also I drilled and threaded for 6mm steering limit adjuster bolts into the lower triple clamp.

Thanks for replies / help.

Denis