SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-12-11, 03:55 PM   #31
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Santa

Reeder ate all the pies......always wondered that too

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 04:53 PM   #32
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: Santa

Don't shatter the illusion! xmas morning when your 4 year is jumping up and down in the air is one of the best feelings in the world, i have to admit to a little tear in my eye that year. Your child will just grow up to resent you and the fact they never got the joy you get from believing, more than the small white lies about santa being real.

If you tell them there is no santa it will just be a totally commercial enterprise for your child - i want you to buy me this, i want you to buy me that!

As already mentioned its a great motivator, Every time my kids are not good, Santa takes a present out of their sack and puts a vegetable in!

Last year the eldest got an onion and a potato and my little one got 1 sprout!
Old 09-12-11, 08:30 PM   #33
SV Mad

I had to put my daughter's (aged 4) letter to Santa on the mantle piece with a cookie for the elves the other day. In the morning when she checked the letter was gone and the cookie has been eaten. Her face was pure magic and so the excitement begins (even for me). The imagination of children is beautiful.

And I've been a good boy too so hopefully he'll visit me; I asked for some panniers and a tail pack.
Old 09-12-11, 08:36 PM   #34
Ed

I asked for a new set of leathers
Old 10-12-11, 10:47 PM   #35
chrisinflight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Mad View Post
I had to put my daughter's (aged 4) letter to Santa on the mantle piece with a cookie for the elves the other day. In the morning when she checked the letter was gone and the cookie has been eaten. Her face was pure magic and so the excitement begins (even for me). The imagination of children is beautiful.

And I've been a good boy too so hopefully he'll visit me; I asked for some panniers and a tail pack.
I like that! Good idea. I have an 11 yr. old daughter who tells me she stopped believing at 8! She agrees this will be a good idea for my 4 yr. old boy though!
Old 11-12-11, 09:34 AM   #36
xXBADGERXx

Who will the kids believe anyway , a Mummy who says "No" and then the advertising and Festivities that outnumber her by Billions
Old 11-12-11, 10:51 AM   #37
lammypie

The little white lies are harmless really, if it gets an overly excited kid to go to bed because Santa doesn't come if your awake then everyone is a winner. The magic is alive for them and you get them to bed easily.

Most of these lies are passed down from the generations and don't do us any harm. My personal favourite is when my little niece runs in with a cut finger crying her eyes out. " oh no. It's going to have come off, let me just find my saw". Tears instantly stop and the cute scowls and don't you dares start.

Like most children i suppose I always knew that Santa wasn't real probably because of ye shopping centre santas. But that didn't stop myself and my brothers wanting it to be.

You could be sneaky and use the old. Mummy doesn't believe in Santa so Santa doesn't send her presents unless we wish extra hard for her.

Go on. Manipulate your kids everyone else does
Old 11-12-11, 08:12 PM   #38
leebex

We took our 2 kids (6 and 4 yrs) to see father christmas in his grotto at a department store today, and the sheer excitement and happyness on their faces made it so worth while.

Plus it helps us for them to believe in him, they believe he is watching them to make sure they behave, dont argue etc, ok so we cant use that forever but makes them think
Old 11-12-11, 09:02 PM   #39
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

So Mary got herself up the duff and in order not to let Joseph find out she'd been doing the dirty on him she said an angel told her it was 'the son of God' and she was still a virgin. Yeah right. Then 9 months preggers she travels several hundred miles on the back of a donkey - I've ridden one and it ain't comfy - without first using Lastminute.com or anything else to sort out a room so ends up staying in a barn, and then instead of getting any help from a midwife a bunch of shepherds turn up with a load of stinky sheep. Bet she was delighted. They were soon followed by 3 wise men. So wise that they bring utterly useless gifts like frankinsense instead of something practical like some baby wipes and a packet of Pampers.

And my local vicar expects me to believe this! Really?

In that case I think Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy and the Yeti are all perfectly feasible.
Old 12-12-11, 07:25 PM   #40
SV Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
So Mary got herself up the duff and in order not to let Joseph find out she'd been doing the dirty on him she said an angel told her it was 'the son of God' and she was still a virgin. Yeah right. Then 9 months preggers she travels several hundred miles on the back of a donkey - I've ridden one and it ain't comfy - without first using Lastminute.com or anything else to sort out a room so ends up staying in a barn, and then instead of getting any help from a midwife a bunch of shepherds turn up with a load of stinky sheep. Bet she was delighted. They were soon followed by 3 wise men. So wise that they bring utterly useless gifts like frankinsense instead of something practical like some baby wipes and a packet of Pampers.

And my local vicar expects me to believe this! Really?

In that case I think Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy and the Yeti are all perfectly feasible.