SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-03-14, 08:09 PM   #11
stuR

Default Re: valve clearance/service/leakdown question

DIY! Everything on a bike is so accessible, theres no reason not to diy the servicing if you have half a day- a day free. It will save you a decent bit of £££
Old 29-03-14, 09:37 AM   #12
SV650Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuR View Post
DIY! Everything on a bike is so accessible, theres no reason not to diy the servicing if you have half a day- a day free. It will save you a decent bit of £££
You cant do the proper valve service on his bike as to balance the throttle bodies you need the SDS tool or the healtech equivilant to turn off the ISC valve.
Old 29-03-14, 02:19 PM   #13
sputnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650Racer View Post
You cant do the proper valve service on his bike as to balance the throttle bodies you need the SDS tool or the healtech equivilant to turn off the ISC valve.
Indeedy!
Old 29-03-14, 02:51 PM   #14
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650Racer View Post
to which i have

but i still sent the bike of to Cupar for the valve check, why? well it was the begging of winter and i hate doing valves plus they had 1/2 price workshop rates.

i only got them to check valves as i can set the TB's myself
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote