SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-09-14, 04:09 PM   #201
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank86 View Post

Well if you will put your keys in the bowl you can't complain about whoever picks them out
A bowl, that is a splendid idea, that way I'd have actually been able to find my keys, maybe my glasses and my mobile phone too.

So another gripe is why every time I go camping all my possessions vanish - I spent a good 20 minutes on Friday night at 1am crawling around by torchlight looking for my mobile, turning out 2 rucksacks, a sleeping bag, duvet, clothing, airbeds, bags of logs, leathers, then doing it all over again, then going round the outside of my tent convinced I must have dropped it then giving up, getting into bed and finally find it wedged in between my two inflatable mattresses. Aaaagggghhhhh!

Then I lost my keys the next day.

And Brock was folding my tent up when he found my glasses hooked onto one of the inner zippers.

I realise this is all my own fault but there is something about camping that turns me into a disorganised mess which I am not usually.

I need to get myself a massive winnebago like Red Herring.
Old 01-09-14, 04:32 PM   #202
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
That didn't happen yesterday when I went out and was stuck behind about 10 cars (I was in my car) because of cyclists riding 2 a breast.
I *think* the highway code says that a vehicle causing a queue to form should pull over where possible to let faster traffic past. I think this is aimed at tractors etc but it applies to all.

This is my gripe of the day. The point of this thread. I'm sure not every gripe here is agreed upon by all.

It's a matter of being considerate to others, no more.
Yes, but unless you were going somewhere in an emergency, having to hold back for a little bit to overtake some cyclists isn't going to stop you getting where you want to get to. Everyone is always in way too much of a hurry these days.

I agree with being considerate & as I pointed out we do go into single file, some of my 2 wheeled friends don't and do think they own the road, which I don't agree with.

To make the roads a more peaceful place folks need to accept they don't own the road, be considerate & just accept that sometimes you won't get where you're going without some form of minor delay.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 04:44 PM   #203
maviczap
Mega Poster

Taken from the '7 signs of ethical collapse'.

Some (ie most) of these 7 traits are surfacing in my job, which is demoralizing me in my work, which I used to thoroughly enjoy.

1. Pressure to maintain the numbers
2. Fear of silence
3.Young ‘uns and a bigger-than-life Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
4.Weak board
5. Conflicts
6.Innovation like no other
7.Goodness in some areas atoning for evil in others
Old 01-09-14, 04:45 PM   #204
Bibio
Mega Poster

i have come to like cyclists riding 2 abreast as you can get past them quicker, same with large groups all bunched up instead of in a single line. its safer for them and me. think about it for a moment before you start slagging off the cyclists and think of those numpties driving at 30mph round corners on country roads looking at the scenery, they take up more room and are harder to pass as they usually put the foot down on the straights.

as mav says we all need to chill and let others get on with their lives just as much as we do. everyone has a right to use the roads.

as for horse riders its the same i always wait and give them plenty room.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 05:04 PM   #205
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
A bowl, that is a splendid idea, that way I'd have actually been able to find my keys, maybe my glasses and my mobile phone too.

So another gripe is why every time I go camping all my possessions vanish - I spent a good 20 minutes on Friday night at 1am crawling around by torchlight looking for my mobile, turning out 2 rucksacks, a sleeping bag, duvet, clothing, airbeds, bags of logs, leathers, then doing it all over again, then going round the outside of my tent convinced I must have dropped it then giving up, getting into bed and finally find it wedged in between my two inflatable mattresses. Aaaagggghhhhh!

Then I lost my keys the next day.

And Brock was folding my tent up when he found my glasses hooked onto one of the inner zippers.

I realise this is all my own fault but there is something about camping that turns me into a disorganised mess which I am not usually.

I need to get myself a massive winnebago like Red Herring.
Lets just face it LPH you were drunk
Old 01-09-14, 05:11 PM   #206
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Another gripe then, alcohol free beer that tastes rubbish and gets you drunk. Because that's what I was drinking.
Old 01-09-14, 05:16 PM   #207
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Lets just face it LPH you were drunk
She couldn't have been, I mean have you ever known a drunk person care where their phone is at one in the morning?
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 05:42 PM   #208
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Broken terminal on the zx6r starting relay.
Terminal. I'd agree
Old 01-09-14, 06:28 PM   #209
Heorot

Drivers the think they should enforce the speed limit by going precisely 70 on the M5 with a 30+ car queue behind them (Volvo 240) and virtually no traffic in lanes 1 & 2. Not only that, but when I passed him illegally using lane 2, he flashed his lights at me. And at the Golf GTi that followed in my wake. Who promptly hit his brakes hard.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 06:48 PM   #210
NTECUK
Mega Poster

It's not illegal to pass on the inside if you stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left

Last edited by NTECUK; 01-09-14 at 07:03 PM.
NTECUK is offline   Reply With Quote