SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-11-04, 08:04 PM   #1
schwantz fan

Default Underseat Exhaust

hi looking for any info on underseat exhausts. does anyone know if someone has one or where i can get one...must be proper u/seat as well.bike is off the road now cos of the poor weather so gonna chuck some money at it. some other mods planned but trying to find the parts is a bit of a pain[/b]
Old 01-11-04, 08:17 PM   #2
northwind
Mega Poster

Rene's is the only one I've ever seen that wasn't home-made...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-04, 08:44 PM   #3
Rwillett

There have been a couple on svrider.com.

Try looking through the gallery section. Be prepared to pay lots and lots...
Old 01-11-04, 09:48 PM   #4
Jp

Theres been one on here aswell, cant for the life of me remember who it was though, try a forum search for underseat exhaust
Old 02-11-04, 08:40 AM   #5
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Re: Underseat Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwantz fan
hi looking for any info on underseat exhausts. does anyone know if someone has one or where i can get one...must be proper u/seat as well.bike is off the road now cos of the poor weather so gonna chuck some money at it. some other mods planned but trying to the parts is a bit of a pain[/b]
What is it with underseats? Anyway, NW is right, renegade are the only ones to do an underseat off the peg so to speak. However, you will never get a true underseat system on a std bike due to clearance. If this is what you require you have to make a few sacrafices and get out the angle grinder/knife and start cutting. If you dont mind loosing under seat storage etc, then i am sure you can get a can to exit where the rear light is, and use either a Ducatti stlye plate holder, or get sd developments to sort out some LED business. Eihter way, it aint gonna be cheap, but will be unique. If a full cutom job is waht you want then, speak to Zorstec as well.

HTH
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-04, 06:15 PM   #6
schwantz fan

Default Underseat Exhaust

found one on sv rider.com and there is also one from italy but it is home made. the american one is on a tl1000 (which is trick as *&%$ )
good design as it takes out the rearlight and the tail section of the exhaust is the same shape as what the light is . always planned on putting led's on for rear light at some point. best get saving though just had a reply on a quote on building the pipe and it's scared the crap out of me. could always go down the route of pipes either side but cant seem to find any on the for sale sec. of the forum (and its been done far too many times). thanks all for your comments
Old 02-11-04, 06:49 PM   #7
Cloggsy

GPR Racing do a great underseat system, there used to be some pic's in the 'Exhausts' section, but they ain't there now

PM 'Guy H', he's got one fitted to his bike Looks stunning too
Old 02-11-04, 10:02 PM   #8
Guy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
GPR Racing do a great underseat system, there used to be some pic's in the 'Exhausts' section, but they ain't there now
GPR Racing are changing their name, and there are all sorts of plans afoot

There is still the link to the pictures my site the index of 44 images is probably the best for the exhaust pics.

If you want any more info about them, or the Company, just PM me

Cheers
Guy
Old 08-11-04, 04:04 PM   #9
SilverSV

Default I got one! Renegade did the honours.

Check this out:

http://homepage.mac.com/dpryce/Photos/PhotoAlbum29.html

I could take off the hugger and move the pipes even more underseat, but in the end I quite liked the look of it as it was.
Old 08-11-04, 07:28 PM   #10
haggis.hunter

Default unerseat

http://www.zorstec.net/

anything you want and not to pricy check out their pics