SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-01-19, 05:10 PM   #71
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed
Default Re: to all the workers, a message from the bosses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
The watchers could be medical students, and anyway staff are not allowed to be in a room on their own with a patient these days due to allegations of various kinds by money-grubbing no win no fee clients, so staff have to have witnesses on hand, and some patients can turn aggressive so a bit of self protection thrown in..

Medicine is a very Labour intensive business.
Over the last few years I've gained far to much experience of the NHS. My speech and swallowing therapists never ever are alone with me, even though in 8 years I have not given them ( they are all female) any cause for concern in any way. The scar clinic I attend on the other hand, I am always seen by a lone nurse, So far I must of met 12 different ones all female.
Old 11-01-19, 05:42 PM   #72
Talking Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman2 View Post
The English on the other hand would be rid of the Scots at the drop of a hat.
If you want the result you desire from your ref 2 don't ask Scotland, ask the UK as a whole.
Would suit me just fine.
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 05:47 PM   #73
zsv650s

Yep that'd be the quickest clearest vote we ever had it'd have to be binding no running back if it fails.
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 06:13 PM   #74
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking Heads View Post
Josef Fritzl kinda liked his daughter.
But we don't like the ungrateful sarcastic ones, nobody does...

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 06:14 PM   #75
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650s View Post
Yep that'd be the quickest clearest vote we ever had it'd have to be binding no running back if it fails.
I thought that about the recent referendum about the EU, however ALL the politicians of ALL parties are concentrating on their own particular agenda's in stead of the good of the people in the long term.
Old 11-01-19, 11:48 PM   #76
Bibio
Mega Poster

why is Scotland always brought up when people talk about the Barnett formula. its not just Scotland that gets it so does Wales and NI. with NI residents getting the biggest "top up"

you have to remember that the rest of the UK get block grants where they cant spend what they like but England can spend what it wants and get us all into debt while doing it. 1.8 trillion debt. so if the rest of the UK get block grants where was the deficit money spent?

its a well known fact that the money sent down south from Scotland is roughly the same as we get back give or take and as far as i know the figures dont include revenue raised by duty. you also have to remember that if Scotland raise revenue via their own raising powers then they get their block grant cut by the same amount. at the moment i think the block grant is 32 billion

its only England that gets to spend what it wants ALL the other members of the UK have to rely on handouts and make do, once the block grants are spent thats it the rest cant just go to the BOE and say give us more.

50 billion is Scotland's coffers for a year and they do what they do on that. its Westminster that cant balance their books.

Scotland has a huge problem right now with the homeless "middle England" moving across the border. only trouble is that Scotland dont get their budget raised as the people are classed as "no fixed abode". never mind the mass migration of English selling up and moving north of the border due to better health care, free prescriptions and tuition fees. but again they dont get their block grant raised to compensate.

we are not talking a few hundred people moving north each year we are talking 1000's.

now you might see why the rest of the UK get a bit pizzed off about English harking on about the Barnett formula.

if you dont like it then tell Westminster to get rid of the rest of us. trust me you would be doing Scotland a favour.

lets not even get started on what England's new train set is costing THE REST OF US.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 10:09 AM   #77
keith_d
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
so if the rest of the UK get block grants where was the deficit money spent?
Where do you think the money in those block grants came from??

We've had decades of over spending by governments from all parties. But you don't get elected by promising £3.5 trillion cuts in public spending, or an extra thousand pounds a year of income tax. Those are the sort of measures which would be needed to balance the UK budget.

So unless we all want to pay our bills in full we're going to be stuck with the deficit for a very long time.

If Scotland were to become independent, IMO, the fairest way to distribute the national debt would be per-capita since everyone had the benefits. But I'm sure wee Krankie wouldn't be wanting any of it.

[Last year's budget deficit 3.51 trillion,

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/gover...ries/ruuw/pusf

UK tax payers around 30 million

https://assets.publishing.service.go.../Table_2.2.pdf
]

Last edited by keith_d; 12-01-19 at 10:12 AM.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 02:35 PM   #78
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_d View Post

We've had decades of over spending by governments from all parties. But you don't get elected by promising £3.5 trillion cuts in public spending, or an extra thousand pounds a year of income tax. Those are the sort of measures which would be needed to balance the UK budget.

So unless we all want to pay our bills in full we're going to be stuck with the deficit for a very long time.

If Scotland were to become independent, IMO, the fairest way to distribute the national debt would be per-capita since everyone had the benefits. But I'm sure wee Krankie wouldn't be wanting any of it.

[Last year's budget deficit 3.51 trillion,

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/gover...ries/ruuw/pusf

UK tax payers around 30 million

https://assets.publishing.service.go.../Table_2.2.pdf
]
Scotland's block grant has nothing to do with the deficit. how can it when they only get what they get same goes for NI and Wales (i think). Scotland's population is growing but their block grants remain the same... is that really fair.

put it this way.. i'll take your house and give you a budget of £100 a week and tell you to pay your bills. 6 months later i'll move someone else into your house and tell you to feed them but you will still only get £100. in another 6 months i'll do the same.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 04:33 PM   #79
Talking Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_d View Post

From Scotland.
Along with all the other money westminster thieves off us.
UK and Norway have produced roughly the same amount of oil, Norway has more money in its sovereign wealth fund than it can spend, westminster has trillions of debt.
But hey, cucumber sandwiches.
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-19, 12:17 AM   #80
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
There is nothing wrong with being paid what you're worth and it's quite right that you get paid more for taking difficult decisions and leading the company. I've seen too many people over the years who do not realise how difficult senior jobs are - the hours and the stress are crippling. The best leaders are visible and spend a lot of time travelling to meet people in their operating divisions, keeping up with their teams and then schmooze with the press and The City/Wall Street to keep investors and shareholders happy. That is a HARD job.

However - I do think the differential, the pay gap, is getting too wide and exec pay has become a market-lead price as opposed to a competency-lead one, which is potentially very dangerous.
Precisely, and I'm rather happy to be put up in a hotel for an all expenses paid knees up on the bosses tab, for husband being worth what he's paid to do, and driving a team to succeed working 50 plus hrs a week. .. Ta very much rich bloke. Keep on coughing up the bonuses too, keeps the wolves from the door. There's a good chap.

PS...... Hi folks

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 13-01-19 at 12:18 AM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote