SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 29-08-08, 06:36 AM   #31
Captain Nemo

Default Re: "Back from squires safe" thread... (wed 27th)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
Get in there Youngster.

Indeed. You are right. went from 36mm inlet to 38mm and a slightly different inlet valve grind, other than that there is no change.

With slip ons and a chip you will be looking at 118BHP at the wheel. get it Dyno'd N' see what it does.
diff cams too i think
Old 29-08-08, 08:09 AM   #32
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
diff cams too i think
Aye inlet cam and valves.

In that quote I ment to say inlet cam grind not valve.

So how you liking the bike... appart from the neutral thing?

Oh btw one of the best ways is to get into the habbit of finding neutral while still moving... I know its not easy to get into doing it but it makes it a DAMN sight easier.

I think the reason for the Neutral problem is that the clutch doesnt quite fully disenguage so the gearbox still has a little pressure on it... Just something we will have to put up with.

Last edited by ThEGr33k; 29-08-08 at 08:13 AM.
Old 29-08-08, 11:31 AM   #33
YoungMan

I am up for a Sunday meet - perhaps around 5-ish? Then whoever wants to to hook up with whomever can end up at Squires? I'll have my lady on pillion... grrrrr
Old 29-08-08, 12:09 PM   #34
ThEGr33k

I could do with been there a little ealier as I have to be back for work ... I guess I can go and meet whoever is about at the time

Last edited by ThEGr33k; 29-08-08 at 12:12 PM.
Old 29-08-08, 01:32 PM   #35
Captain Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
Aye inlet cam and valves.

In that quote I ment to say inlet cam grind not valve.

So how you liking the bike... appart from the neutral thing?

Oh btw one of the best ways is to get into the habbit of finding neutral while still moving... I know its not easy to get into doing it but it makes it a DAMN sight easier.

I think the reason for the Neutral problem is that the clutch doesnt quite fully disenguage so the gearbox still has a little pressure on it... Just something we will have to put up with.
im getting used to the neutral thing, just needs a very gentle push to get it in, i dont like to leave the bike in neutral when its on the stand just in case it gets knocked,

but you have to put it in neutral before you start or its impossible to get in with the choke on, you just end up sitting on the bike waiting for it to warm up enough to get the choke off so you can get it into neut.....and not gring the gearbox away,

it does souind like a bag of spanners though until you get the revs up, then its nice, , very aggresive

the touno stand isnt very confidence inspiring either , its very steep.

just minor things though,
Old 29-08-08, 03:06 PM   #36
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
im getting used to the neutral thing, just needs a very gentle push to get it in, i dont like to leave the bike in neutral when its on the stand just in case it gets knocked,

but you have to put it in neutral before you start or its impossible to get in with the choke on, you just end up sitting on the bike waiting for it to warm up enough to get the choke off so you can get it into neut.....and not gring the gearbox away,

it does souind like a bag of spanners though until you get the revs up, then its nice, , very aggresive

the touno stand isnt very confidence inspiring either , its very steep.

just minor things though,

Aye unfortunatly something we also share... the damn side stand. American bikes got good ones...

I usually leave mine in 1st when I park it for same reason. Not hard to find neutral though when its not running.

Indeed the engines do make a lot of machanical noise. Oh well.
Old 29-08-08, 04:45 PM   #37
sibbo

Smile Re: "Back from squires safe" thread... (wed 27th)

that be me hahahaha thank fully mr rain cloud stayed away this week nice chatting cheers