SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-12-20, 10:14 AM   #8811
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post

Looks like I might get Christmas at home at this rate. (Yay) - Although I'll have to deal with a ****ed off wife.
Don't forget the inlaws
Old 07-12-20, 10:29 AM   #8812
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
My gripe is broadband going off at 6:40am yesterday and no help from Vodafone yet. So I'm WFH using my phone as a hotspot and have had to buy a data upgrade. Vodafone are saying up to 72 hours to get a response from third line.

None of this is ideal WFH in a new job.
Having another gripe about this as still not fixed. Just a place to vent really after an hour on the phone with Vodafone (mainly on hold obvs.) and no further forward. Everyone seems to "definitely understand" and "knows I'm frustrated" but no one has taken ownership and actually fixed my issue. I discovered on Friday, some twonk had closed my original problem record without explanation.

The call to their customer complaint line was a waste of time. Pretty sure no actual complaint was logged, just got passed (eventually) to the poor girl I'd been giving a hard time to 30 minutes earlier! Of course there was "no update from third line team".....

Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 11:24 AM   #8813
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I used to have Vodafone as a mobile provider and I always found their customer service to be as useful as a turd in a teapot (İg.northeast2020), although to be fair most of the others are nearly as bad.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 12:39 PM   #8814
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
I saw the Christmas market in Nottingham and was surprised that it was allowed to go ahead in a tier 3 area in the first place.
Not any more in Nottingham, it was closed due to too many people going and ignoring Social Distancing. You would think they'd have a maximum person count and queue people in/out to ensure this doesn't happen . . .

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 12:43 PM   #8815
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Having another gripe about this as still not fixed. Just a place to vent really after an hour on the phone with Vodafone (mainly on hold obvs.) and no further forward. Everyone seems to "definitely understand" and "knows I'm frustrated" but no one has taken ownership and actually fixed my issue. I discovered on Friday, some twonk had closed my original problem record without explanation.

The call to their customer complaint line was a waste of time. Pretty sure no actual complaint was logged, just got passed (eventually) to the poor girl I'd been giving a hard time to 30 minutes earlier! Of course there was "no update from third line team".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
I used to have Vodafone as a mobile provider and I always found their customer service to be as useful as a turd in a teapot (İg.northeast2020), although to be fair most of the others are nearly as bad.
I agree.

I was with Vodafone (mobile, and mobile broadband) years ago and they were ****e. Couldn't even get hold of them to pay a bill....
Plusnet were just as bad (3-4 years ago) on customer service. Took over an hour of phoning everyday for 2 weeks trying to get hold of someone to report a fault. Then took 2 weeks to send an engineer out to deal with a network fault between the cabinet and our house. Kept using the 'if its in the house we'll charge you threat to not send someone out. But we tested all sockets in the house and they were all good.
EE mobile phone these days; wouldn't use anyone else.
TalkTalk for broadband.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 03:46 PM   #8816
shiftin_gear98

All 3 skids are now in quarantine!! That was quicker than I expected.
Old 07-12-20, 03:49 PM   #8817
shiftin_gear98

I'm with Virgin mobile, they are proper **** to get hold of.
My kids are on Sky mobile, and so far they are really good. When I can be arsed to swap over I'll be joining Sky too.

Then we can all share data.
Old 07-12-20, 04:23 PM   #8818
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

My brother had a complaint with Vodafone. He told their customer support line person that he'd be leaving if it wasn't sorted. They actually told him that it wouldn't make much difference to them as they have thousands of other customers. He cancelled his contract. I did too and would never go back to Vodafone.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 06:15 PM   #8819
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
Not any more in Nottingham, it was closed due to too many people going and ignoring Social Distancing. You would think they'd have a maximum person count and queue people in/out to ensure this doesn't happen . . .
You would think by now people wouldn't be so stupid and gather in large crowds anyway. What does it take to get through to some people ?!
I have 2 elderly sisters in a care home and have just been informed one has caught covid.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 06:27 PM   #8820
Kenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
My brother had a complaint with Vodafone. He told their customer support line person that he'd be leaving if it wasn't sorted. They actually told him that it wouldn't make much difference to them as they have thousands of other customers. He cancelled his contract. I did too and would never go back to Vodafone.

Loyalty means nothing to them either. I had been with them for 5 years or so at the time and it was upgrade time and I wanted the new Sony Erricsson C905 but they said I didn't speand enough with them and wouldn't upgrade me. They didn't seem overly fussed so I left and got the same phone and better contract for less with another network. Last time I bought my phone outright and just get a sim only deal and I'm currently with Tesco Mobile.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote