SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-11-06, 02:53 PM   #1
Law

Default Been to HG looking at exhausts

Been to Hein Gericke, shall I get a Yoshi America tri oval (like the one on this months main page) been offered 0% in 10 month payment installments and 12% off as well. Got til they close today to decide.

Could keep my Blueflame instead???

Carbon or Titainium, bear in mid I'll have an all black K5. Was tempted by carbon but not sure on the strength of it coping with a twin.

Looked at the Arrow road legal full exhaust system and Remus but not too keen on their can shapes.

Views, quickly?

TIA
Old 30-11-06, 02:56 PM   #2
Viney
Mega Poster

No worries with carbon on the SV. its only when you start getting to the litre twins you get issues. If its what you want then go for it. All exhausts are much of a muchness in all honesty. 1-3hp here or there. They all make the same noise, they all look better than the std can, and anything to get rid of that Blueflame rubbish of your bike

Go for it id say

Treacle had issues with his Arrow system splitting on his SVThou!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-06, 03:15 PM   #3
Marshall

defo get a carbon one
Old 30-11-06, 04:24 PM   #4
Law

hmmm....... can I afford it??? Got other mods to pay for in Spring.
Is it worth changing compared to the earache I'll get?
Would a carbon can look good on my bike compared to my coloured titanium? Sell the Blueflame....?

Right, I've read the views, put on my sensible head and made a decision.............Thanks.

Now I have to wait to check if I'm needed, cos if I am there's no way I can make it to the store tonight and the opportunity will pass by.
Old 30-11-06, 04:31 PM   #5
DanDare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law
hmmm....... can I afford it??? Got other mods to pay for in Spring.
Is it worth changing compared to the earache I'll get?
Would a carbon can look good on my bike compared to my coloured titanium? Sell the Blueflame....?

Right, I've read the views, put on my sensible head and made a decision.............Thanks.

Now I have to wait to check if I'm needed, cos if I am there's no way I can make it to the store tonight and the opportunity will pass by.
Flog me ya blue flame!
Old 30-11-06, 04:34 PM   #6
Nashwan

I've got a carbon (Remus) can on my K5 black SVS. I think it looks great (wouldn't have bought it otherwise ), but horses for courses...
Old 30-11-06, 04:58 PM   #7
DanAbnormal

Do it!

A carbon can on your black bike will look ace.
Old 30-11-06, 05:02 PM   #8
instigator

I've only had one yoshi can in my ownership and it was a brand panking new carbon tri oval TRS number. Gorgeous it was, looked really well built. Well, thats what I thought when I sold it, 3 weeks later the guy that bought it said it fell to pieces...literally. And that was on a k6 gsxr.

At least yours will come with a 1 year warranty.
Old 30-11-06, 05:02 PM   #9
on yer bike

I'm the same, planning on going 4 a yoshi tri for my k6, but can't decide between carbon, titanium, or aluminium. let me know how u get on

on yer bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-06, 05:33 PM   #10
FG1

I have a carbon Scorpion on mine, but my bike is red. I had reservations about putting a carbon on a twin and after doing a bit of homework I decided on the scorpion.
Reasons were:
They put a ceramic sleeve in their carbon exhausts to minimise the risk of splitting.
Cheaper than a Yoshi, Akro etc.
Nice noise (but then,all after market cans sound better)
Comes with everything needed, including link pipe adapter to re fit your original if need be.
BUT, the thing which swayed me to the Scorpion was that they offer a lifetime warranty, even on the carbon cans.
Everybody else, CCC included had a limited warranty on the carbon models.

The choice is yours though and I am sure you will be pleased with which ever way you go.