SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-05-17, 10:49 AM   #1
DaphnePhoebe

Default What's it worth?

I'm trying to sell my 2012 SV650S but I'm having trouble with the value. It's done just over 16000 miles and all the servicing is up to date including the valve adjustment. To my mind that makes it a better prospect than lower mileage bikes that haven't had the major service done yet as it's a major expense out of the way for another 15000.

There aren't many SVs around this young (4 1/2 years) so it's hard to compare but there are quite a few of the earlier 'pointy' models about which seem to fetch over £2k despite being over 10 years old.

I've tried ebay, gumtree and facebook but people on those sites seem to want something for nothing and it seems to be the older bikes that sell. I know there's hardly anything to go rusty on older bikes but there are still things that break down over time such as hoses, rubber seals, wiring insulation etc.

So any idea what it might be worth and where it might sell?
Old 22-05-17, 09:27 AM   #2
Talking Heads

Default Re: What's it worth?

As a starting point you can get a brand new SV650AL7 on low interest finance for £4995 so (in my opinion) any five year old SV irrespective of condition is going to be worth less than half that as a private sale.

The reality is that any bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay on the day.

WiseBuyer's guide might give you some idea, also check sold listings on eBay.

http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/index.js...%2F12&x=58&y=9
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-17, 11:37 AM   #3
johna6968

I always found a queue of people willing to part with their hard earned for decent bikes £2k and below.. Unless its an absolute steal the queue starts to get much shorter over £2k..
Old 23-05-17, 02:53 PM   #4
aesmith

Based on what I saw when I was looking for my bike, I don't think your price is out of line. I suspect that if it was a little high, you'd have people viewing but trying to haggle. For reference I paid slightly more, but the bike is a year younger, fully faired and with only 4050 miles.
aesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-17, 04:39 PM   #5
Bibio
Mega Poster

are you getting another bike or just selling.

you have to price it well under showroom prices for same bike. a showroom will give finance, your buyers are paying cash.

there may be lots of other older bikes at same or higher prices but are those bikes selling?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote