SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 26-09-07, 11:54 AM   #541
sarah

Default Re: The TV Mini Mega thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
So I have to admit it, I am a big girl. After riding the hornet for just 3 days I am absolutely fed up with it. It isnt that it is a bad bike, it is actually quite nice in the traffic, but as soon as you hit 70+ on the motorway it is just so uncomforable especially when the rain is forced through your leathers making you all wet.

Seeing as I have just heard that I might be stuck without my bike for another 2 weeks I rang the hire company and asked them if they had anything else...their response was - if you come and drop your bike off today we have a spare Honda CBR 600RR available!

Judging by Nicks comments about his CBR I am now not sure that I am going to want my bike back again!
Sounds like it would be safer to stick with the Hairnet, at least you'll appreciate your bike when you get it back.
Old 26-09-07, 12:25 PM   #542
ASM-Forever

Quote:
So I have to admit it, I am a big girl. After riding the hornet for just 3 days I am absolutely fed up with it. It isnt that it is a bad bike, it is actually quite nice in the traffic, but as soon as you hit 70+ on the motorway it is just so uncomforable especially when the rain is forced through your leathers making you all wet.

Seeing as I have just heard that I might be stuck without my bike for another 2 weeks I rang the hire company and asked them if they had anything else...their response was - if you come and drop your bike off today we have a spare Honda CBR 600RR available!

Judging by Nicks comments about his CBR I am now not sure that I am going to want my bike back again!
Whilst im sure you'll enjoy the CBR, i reckon it could be a mistake. Its pretty likely that you will find the SV lacking afterwards. If you can afford to upgrade, then fair enough. Just remember expect to take a massive hit if you sell/PX the SV.(otherwise called doing a Nick)

I guess it also depends how old the CBR is. The older ones are less refined. If its less than a few years old you're buggered!

On a brighter note, as long as it isn't a dog, you can use it to mock Nick.

Last edited by ASM-Forever; 26-09-07 at 12:27 PM.
Old 26-09-07, 12:26 PM   #543
fat_brstd

ive riden my mates cbr600rr which is a 53 just like nicks and didnt like it that much. a great bike for a fun ride but you have to thrash the nuts off it. TBH i prefered my sv for commuting and i know my tl is way more fun for hooning it about.

id take the rr just so its another bike you can put on the list of bikes youve riden just dont expect it to be any easier to commute on than the hornet
Old 26-09-07, 12:45 PM   #544
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_brstd View Post
id take the rr just so its another bike you can put on the list of bikes youve riden just dont expect it to be any easier to commute on than the hornet
My main issue with the hornet is the lack of fairing. Riding down the M4 in the cold and dark with gail force winds in your face is horrid and it really ruins my day.

I realise that the CBR is going to make me yearn for something faster , but my instincts and cash flow are telling me to keep the SV until next summer and use it as a learning experience. It will however be nice to try something else in the mean time.

After that I probably will upgrade, but I think I will still hang onto the SV as the extra insurance cost of having another bike is negligable and it would be nice to have a reliable bike to ride in the winter.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-07, 12:49 PM   #545
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Just to note, the reg of the 600RR is 07 so it will either be a 2006 or 2007. Guess it is time to go round to Nick's house!

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-07, 01:11 PM   #546
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Just to note, the reg of the 600RR is 07 so it will either be a 2006 or 2007. Guess it is time to go round to Nick's house!

Quite nice of them to let you have that. Usually a hire bike is comparable to the bike its replacing. It might be worth checking that it won't be costing any more. As you work in a law firm, i dont have to tell you about mitigating your losses!

Also dont crash it....will cost a fortune to repair
Old 26-09-07, 01:30 PM   #547
Warthog

I am still ill

Get the CBR!! What are you an idiot?!
Old 26-09-07, 01:34 PM   #548
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I am still ill
Oh dear, poor you.
Old 26-09-07, 01:54 PM   #549
Warthog

I am thinking of making a machine that can somehow suck snot out of sinuses. It would make millions. Some kind of vacuum pump you stick up your nose or something. My mind is wandering, need more lemsip...
Old 26-09-07, 01:57 PM   #550
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I am thinking of making a machine that can somehow suck snot out of sinuses. It would make millions. Some kind of vacuum pump you stick up your nose or something. My mind is wandering, need more lemsip...
Yuck, maybe you should just be done with it and put a black bin liner on your head like Neil.