SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Moto GP Goto Moto GP Official Site

Old 02-04-24, 06:48 AM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default F1 owners bought MotoGP

I don't follow racing anymore so it doesn't bother me. I looked at a 3 day pass (Silverstone) for F1 and it's £340 versus £110 for MotoGP so that doesn't bode well.
I used to like (bike) racing for the variety of the bikes (70s and 80s) now it seems to be who can make the best software/electronics.
Old 07-04-24, 09:42 AM   #2
rowdy

Default Re: F1 owners bought MotoGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
I don't follow racing anymore so it doesn't bother me. I looked at a 3 day pass (Silverstone) for F1 and it's £340 versus £110 for MotoGP so that doesn't bode well.
I used to like (bike) racing for the variety of the bikes (70s and 80s) now it seems to be who can make the best software/electronics.
It isn’t who can make the best software/electronics so much, as they all use a magnetti marelli spec ecu, how the various teams leccy engineers deploy those electronics can vary yes. Nowadays it has way more to do with the aero the bikes now have on them, and the ride height devises, and the way the bikes use the tyres (and yes that does have a certain aspect of the way the electronics are set up)
Electronics wise it has become way more even in the last 6 or 7 years. The rider can still make a difference, just look at the young pedro Acosta for an example in making a bike do things other riders on the same machinery can do.

2027 will see a new set of rules come in, talk of reducing capacity to 850cc, reducing aero and doing away with ride height devises. That should see things move back into the control of the riders wrists as opposed to how it has become now.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote