SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-09-15, 09:49 AM   #1
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default What a letdown

So the big announcement from NASA is that they have found water on Mars.

I was disappointed as I was hoping they might have found my prescription Ray Bans as frankly I've looked everywhere else for them. I also thought they might have found all my missing odd socks as my washing machine is some sort of worm hole that grabs random socks and they are never seen again.

Do we really think that finding some briny liquid up there is going to make much of a difference to humankind?
Old 29-09-15, 10:24 AM   #2
allantheboss

Default Re: What a letdown

Yes. It is the first ever scientifically valid piece of evidence suggesting life, as we describe it, anywhere other than earth.
Old 29-09-15, 10:26 AM   #3
allantheboss

Which is absolutely amazingly incredible and the list of things we may end up learning (and hence benefiting the human race) is almost endless!
Old 29-09-15, 10:34 AM   #4
allantheboss

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...nything_about/
Old 29-09-15, 10:51 AM   #5
atassiedevil

Socks and coathangers exist in a quantum state. Determined by which you need the most, they turn to the opposite state.

So, if you're looking for that elusive sock, you'll find an extra coathanger. When you need a coathanger, you'll find a sock you have perhaps never seen before...

The martians are probably wearing your Ray Bans as we speak...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
So the big announcement from NASA is that they have found water on Mars.

I was disappointed as I was hoping they might have found my prescription Ray Bans as frankly I've looked everywhere else for them. I also thought they might have found all my missing odd socks as my washing machine is some sort of worm hole that grabs random socks and they are never seen again.

Do we really think that finding some briny liquid up there is going to make much of a difference to humankind?
Old 29-09-15, 10:56 AM   #6
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I hope they don't try and fly a space ship wearing them, I have such a weird prescription that their navigation will be all over the place.

I have a drawer of the odd socks, occasionally one is found and matched up, like if it's been stuffed down the back of the sofa. But I've had one Winnie the Pooh odd sock in that drawer for at least 5 years. To my knowledge I have never owned a pair of Winnie the Pooh socks so where the hell did it come from? These questions are more important than is there water on Mars.
Old 29-09-15, 11:10 AM   #7
tonyk
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
I hope they don't try and fly a space ship wearing them, I have such a weird prescription that their navigation will be all over the place.

I have a drawer of the odd socks, occasionally one is found and matched up, like if it's been stuffed down the back of the sofa. But I've had one Winnie the Pooh odd sock in that drawer for at least 5 years. To my knowledge I have never owned a pair of Winnie the Pooh socks so where the hell did it come from? These questions are more important than is there water on Mars.
Noticed next door blonde bird only washing one Winnie the Pooh sock ?.. Hum.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and clear all doubts."
Some days its not even worth chewing through the restraints...
tonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-15, 03:42 PM   #8
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Excited....
Old 29-09-15, 06:25 PM   #9
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post

Excited....
Snigger
Old 29-09-15, 11:34 PM   #10
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by allantheboss View Post
Yes. It is the first ever scientifically valid piece of evidence suggesting life, as we describe it, anywhere other than earth.
I would agree, on this planet everywhere water has been found life has been discovered which does suggest this find needs much more investigation.

But this does remind me of a quote from the great Arthur C. Clarke:

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote