SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-09-08, 08:18 PM   #1
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Paypal don't protect ya

Grrr big rant - bought some GHD hair straighteners from flea bay for £75, only £20 cheaper than stockist so figured they'd be ok. Came to register them with GHD and nope they are fake.

So I start a dispute with Paypal and ebay, ebay have already worked out this guy is a fraudster and he is no longer registered, paypal start the dispute. Summat like 60 days for the seller to respond, I am waiting and waiting from Paypal and hear nothing.

Then I get "you have 10 days to prove they are fake, get a letter ferom GHD". SO i call GHD who say I have to send the product to them and they will write a report, could take months, so I call paypal who say "oh no don't send them thru the post as this in itself is an offence, go to your hairdresser or authority who can say they are fake". SO I go to my hairdresser who actually sell them and use them and they write me a letter, which I fax to Paypal - job done !

Nope, as the letter is not on letterhead then this doesnt count, although it has the name and address and phone number of the hairdresser, so they could call. I phone paypal who record my quarms as they give me 3 days now to get a letter on letterhead. Arrrrhhhhh.

I come home to another email, we need it on letter head ot you can go to your police station and they will give you a crime number for us. But as I am a piggy wiggy I know they don't, they tell ya to go to the ebay fraud team (who didnt want to know). SO i tell paypal this and they still want a letterheaded piece of paper.

Long and short of it I lost my £75 cause paypal can't be ar$ed to make a phone call but they can send emails til they wear their fingers away tellin me what to do.

Grrrrr I shall not be using flea bay or paypal again, they having no more of my money!

Rant over

Ohhh have paid £119 for a proper pair of GHD's
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 08:34 PM   #2
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Default Re: Paypal don't protect ya

did you pay with a credit card, if so mabey you can go though them

i had the same problem with ebay when i bought an engine from germany, the guy refused to reply to my questions though paypal, ebay refused to do anything at all
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 08:37 PM   #3
stanie

i bought a water heater from an "official looking" website for £150. i paid through paypal. nothing turned up. i tried emailing them, no reply. told paypal who after about a week, gave me my money back.
Old 05-09-08, 09:18 PM   #4
pookie

yep use credit card only on your paypal account..also keep an eye out on paypal protection on high value items..nearly got stung buying a wii where protection was way less than the final value. Funnily the seller only took paypal and no cash on collection even tho I could "collect" ( address witheld until payment cleared).
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 10:00 PM   #5
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

It seems because I received the items I have to rpove they are fake, I can understand that. I have tho, I got my hairdresser to compare my pair to a real pair and they wrote me a letter. It is simply cause my hairdresser don't have letter headed paper. If I couldnt get a letter fair enuf but I ran around to get it.

Then they give me 3 days to get another letter, 2 days being a weekend.

Don't know why I am bothering to email them back as they just send me an automated email back I can't reply to, I have to go thru paypal site and meant to go to my dispute which is now closed.

Didnt pay on credit card, was on a debit card.

Grrrr bloomin useless. May just give the geezers name and address to my lot and let them investigate him LOL, he may cough up the readies then.
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

Old 05-09-08, 10:06 PM   #6
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post

Didnt pay on credit card, was on a debit card.

There is still some protection with a debit card if it is visa debit. Maestro is pants though. With visa debit you can do a chargeback. Working lunch been on about it all week, maybe more info on their website
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 10:38 PM   #7
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersaw View Post
There is still some protection with a debit card if it is visa debit. Maestro is pants though. With visa debit you can do a chargeback. Working lunch been on about it all week, maybe more info on their website
It is visa debit, I will look into it thank you

Old 05-09-08, 10:41 PM   #8
SV-net

Send the item back by courier so they have to sign for the delivery.
Tell tham that you want a refund.
Take a look at distance selling rights here http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/business.html
Old 06-09-08, 01:05 AM   #9
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Why do you need to register hair straighteners?
If you didn't know they were fake until you phoned GHD, then I presume they still work? They don't make your hair curly or anything? Then what's the problem?

Just joking

Have you looked here
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-08, 05:46 AM   #10
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Just 'make your own' headed paper from the hairdressers, you could probably even get their company reg. number online and include that to make it look more authentic.

Although it is a bit sneaky.....
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote