SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-03-17, 03:45 PM   #1
Benjins

Default Issue with main (low) beam lights

Hi all. I'm having a bit of an issue with my lights. They were fine a week or so ago but I noticed the other day that my main beam (the low beam) no longer comes on when the bike is started. The high beam still works though.

So far I've swapped out the bulbs for ones that work and have eliminated that as the issue. I have also checked and swapped the fuses and it's not those either.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps something happened to the bike's electrics when we had that storm the other week. The cover came off my bike (no idea where it ended up) and the whole thing was soaked. Indicators were playing up, etc.

I don't have a good head for electronics and am hoping it's something easy. Any suggestions as to what to try next? I don't have a voltmeter or any electrical checking equipment, and I doubt I'd know what to do with it anyway...

It's a K4 pointy for those that don't know.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ben
Benjins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 04:41 PM   #2
ophic
Mega Poster

Default Re: Issue with main (low) beam lights

furred up or burnt out headlight connection on the connection block inside the front fairing.

Bit of a pig to get to. You have to disassemble the front fairing almost entirely.
Old 09-03-17, 05:12 PM   #3
Benjins

Default Re: Issue with main (low) beam lights

Thanks Ophic. Will check it out and report back.
Benjins is offline   Reply With Quote