SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 09-04-09, 11:23 AM   #1
Shell!

Red face cannot not pass MOT without.... help please

Hi, my friendly mechanic guy stated that i need a new sprocket set and a new rear disc,

Has anyone got a rear disc for a curvy 99 (t-reg) to offer?

As for sprocket sets, advice please, been online and they are somewhat expensive, well beyond what i can afford. I have been advised to get a new chain with the sprocket, as a whole kit, is that best, instead of just buying the sprockets?

What makes are best, where am i best to source one?

Any help, guidance appreciated,

Shell
Old 09-04-09, 11:32 AM   #2
hovis

Default Re: cannot not pass MOT without.... help please

i think you are looking at about £60 for the C&S kit, which is best to change at the same time

and about £50 for the disc.

try ebay, but i would be looking for a new disc, not a cheap used one.

or busters or m&p
Old 09-04-09, 01:27 PM   #3
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

I've always heard it's best to renew sprockets & chains together because any uneven wear on a sprocket will wear a new chain out quicker, and a nackered chain on a new sprocket is prolly gonna snap sooner than later...

as for a rear disc.. I've only ever used pads from EBC brakes but they do a replacement rear disc for 64 quid...

Put the discount code of: scooby58 and you'll get it for £60.56 delivered... original suzuki parts could well be cheaper - try www.sparesdirect.co.uk

link to ebc: http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/bike/parts_brake.asp?part=disc&make=SUZUKI&model=500to7 50&year=SV+650+X%2FY%2FK1%2FK2+(99-02)&sec=Jap

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 01:31 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Poo. I just did a deal to a fella on here of a complete rear wheel with a very new sprocket on it...and all he was reall after was the brake disc.

If you posted this a couple of days earlier i'd have happily sold you the sprocket for next to nothing to help you out. We all been there when money's tight but we need bits for our bikes.

Guy i sold it to is arcdef so perhaps PM him and see if he'll be nice enough to sell you the sprocket if he dont really need it right now. He seemed like a very nice bloke so i'm sure he wont mind you PMing him about it.

The do suggest you chnage chian & sprocks at same time but tbh it really depends on the condition of your current chain as you may be able to get away with it.

Best chians imho are DID ones. DONT get the Renthal alloy sprockets even if they're offered to you cheap, they just dont last as long as the others.

Good luck.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote