SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-04-11, 04:52 PM   #1
DDUK1974

Default Mod 1 pass!!

Hi all,
Thought id share my good news with you. Passed my Mod 1 today with no faults. Had to do the swerve twice though as i was too slow first time.

Wasnt bad at all. Now im slightly more worried about Mod 2, although another day of training and a couple of hours before next Wednesdays test should see me through. Then i can legally jump on my SV, cant wait
Old 28-04-11, 05:08 PM   #2
Reeder

Well done! I too had to redo it cos I did it too slow!! First time ever and it was on the test, I felt silly lol.

Good luck with mod2
Old 28-04-11, 05:37 PM   #3
ravingdavis

Default Re: Mod 1 pass!!

Yeah I did it too slow first time round as well. First time I went around the top loop I just remember seeing a big blur of different coloured cones and thinking, 'hell, I have no idea where to go' second time round I did it at 59kph. Easy.

Well done mate, get ye onto module 2.
Old 28-04-11, 05:59 PM   #4
DDUK1974

I was way fast enough in practice but this was with a straight run up; it was the curve into speed that caught me out, i had to accelerate pretty fast on my little 500 ! Time to learn the streets of Farnborough for Mod 2 now !!
Old 28-04-11, 07:36 PM   #5
fenjer

good luck!
Old 28-04-11, 08:08 PM   #6
Terah

Congrats! And good luck for Wed, doing mine then too...
Old 28-04-11, 08:18 PM   #7
missyburd

wooo good luck with mod2! and best of luck with yours too Terah
Old 28-04-11, 10:30 PM   #8
Stenno

Congrats, I did the same. In fact most people you watch have to round a second time.

As for farnborough, make sure you check out the roundabouts there. There are a couple of colourful ones. He'll probably take your out on a route and then back on the dual carriage way. Remember to cancel those signals, and be prepared for stopping and starting, noting the speed limits you're in.

Good luck!
Old 29-04-11, 02:23 PM   #9
DDUK1974

Terah - good luck for Wednesday as well mate!

Stenno - Yeh, there are some funny roundabouts in Farnborough but been out around there all day today so hopefully been over most of them. Did have to watch my speed very carefully though as there was no one on the roads to slow me down!!