SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-09-06, 06:58 PM   #1
Peter Henry

Default Broken dreams and broken lives.

*An emotional meandering by PH*

It's an age old tale of stardom and the temptations it can bring and of those not strong enough to defend themselves from the curses that can taint our lives. It is a story that so many of us have seen and heard of before, of our hero's and icons stricken well before their time and their ride amongst the heady heights of fame and stardom cut short and their light flicker and if they are lucky just vanish in to obscurity.

I remember in 1985 seeing this absoutely gorgeous young girl on a music show performing her new song which became her first UK Nš1. The world was and still is full of beautiful women but none ever had the impact that she had on me. Not only looks that made my knees go weak but just a totally incredible voice with a range that almost knew no limits.

Her career just went from strength to strength although many eyebrows were raised at her choice of husband who did not appear the right choice for this simple god fearing girl who was in her own mind simply sharing with the world what she was gifted by a greater being.

If it were possible in 1992 when she starred alongside Kevin Costner in the rather Cheesey Bodyguard movie, her looks appeared to be even more mouth wateringly stunning. Ok make up departments help a lot but man she was incredible to look at and my jaw dropped even more.

But now just 14 short years later her career is on the brink, her personal finances in ruins and she has just filed for legal seperation from her husband. She is addicted to crack cocaine and although she has attended rehab, her heart was not in it and the downward spiral continues.

I think this beautiful girl, who without the right guidance behind her is not long for this world and it really does pain me to think this way. She is justr 43 years of age but just look what her badly advised lifestyle has done to her....

Old 14-09-06, 07:03 PM   #2
Jdubya

Agreed...a once crisp, fresh, beautiful rose...now wilting(badly) after many years of painful neglect
Old 14-09-06, 07:05 PM   #3
falc

Yikes, thats awful, it seems quite a few go this road. Sad, very sad
Old 14-09-06, 07:13 PM   #4
Jabba

Had the same thought's as you PH when I heard.

Nothing (anything - not just a song) has ever sent a shiver down my spine as much as the first time I heard "I will always love you" when, near the start, she hit that first high note on the word "I" so perfectly......... listen to it sometime and refresh your memories.

So very, very sad. Same age as me and there but for the grace of God....
Old 14-09-06, 09:27 PM   #5
Ed

I hadn't seen this before. I remember seeing te movie, and yes I felt the same. Now - she looks 73, not 43, tired, careworn, a mess

I so hope that she can find the strength to pull herself together.
Old 15-09-06, 05:38 AM   #6
Tara

Very sad indeed Jabba like you i listen to that song and it always sends shivers down my spine (although in general i prefer Dolly partons version) Poor Whitney I hope once she has managed to sort out her divorce then she can find the strength to deal with her addiction for the sake of her daughter and family
Old 15-09-06, 06:40 AM   #7
Anonymous

just goes prove money doesnt make you happy or help you look good.
Old 15-09-06, 07:43 AM   #8
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutty tart
just goes prove money doesnt make you happy or help you look good.
It would take surgery to make me look good