SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 14-11-07, 10:33 PM   #31
Warthog

Default Re: Depressed

Forget the insurance. Surely if they do end up catching the guy, it would be HIS insurance you would be claiming off??
Old 14-11-07, 10:52 PM   #32
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Forget the insurance. Surely if they do end up catching the guy, it would be HIS insurance you would be claiming off??
Yes, but then he would still be in breach of HIS contract.

Whilst i havn't seen the damage in good light, i would be inclined to touch up as best possible and then drill/replace the lever.
Old 14-11-07, 11:51 PM   #33
Law

Bugger.

I say fix the bike on the cheap, and sell it asap.
Old 15-11-07, 12:15 AM   #34
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Bugger.

I say fix the bike on the cheap, and sell it asap.
LMAO.....so many anti-sv comments on a sv site.

I don't think selling is that great an idea financially. Best case scenario, Jon ends up all square(i think its on finance but cant remember for sure) but he will still have lost all the cash he has paid thus far. Realistically though how much can you get for an SV....especially at this time of year.

Assuming he were to go for the CBR, then that would be double the amount on finance and then increased insurance costs. Whilst 1 years NCB isn't much, its more than he has now!

But what do i know.
Old 15-11-07, 08:09 AM   #35
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Will keep the SV until I get a new job (which is hopefully closer) and then consider an upgrade if the distance is not excessive.

The SV is on finance, but am paying it off this month so thats not a problem. In terms selling prices if I did sell the SV, I would assume that second hand supersport bikes will be comparitevely cheaper than the SV at this time of year cause an SV is a good winter bike - not that this is founded on any proper research!

Still not sure what to do regarding the insurance!

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-07, 08:41 AM   #36
ogden
Mega Poster

Even the most mint, recent, low-mileage SV isn't going to fetch much more than 2.5k at this time of year, and there are shedloads around so you wouldn't have much of a basis for haggling. If it's all scraped up with bent/missing levers, etc, then you're going to be knocking a fair bit off that value as well.

And ignore the value of any extra bits (exhaust, etc) - they add zero to the value of the bike and, if you have the originals, you're best off flogging the shiny bits separately on ebay.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-07, 11:13 AM   #37
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogden View Post
Even the most mint, recent, low-mileage SV isn't going to fetch much more than 2.5k at this time of year, and there are shedloads around so you wouldn't have much of a basis for haggling. If it's all scraped up with bent/missing levers, etc, then you're going to be knocking a fair bit off that value as well.

And ignore the value of any extra bits (exhaust, etc) - they add zero to the value of the bike and, if you have the originals, you're best off flogging the shiny bits separately on ebay.
I have to agree with all of that.
Old 15-11-07, 12:28 PM   #38
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
LMAO.....so many anti-sv comments on a sv site.
whoops, forgot my there's some truth in my post but I wasn't being too serious smilie.

If I had my nice shiny black SV broken I'd fix it with pattern parts and sell it in Spring or whenever my insurance was gonna run out....

The SV is a great little bike. I bigged up the SV, happy now ASM?

Last edited by Law; 15-11-07 at 12:42 PM.
Old 15-11-07, 04:35 PM   #39
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Anyone got a good online source for gear levers (dont need to be suzuki parts thought). Need one for my K7 and am not willing to pay the £50 that spares direct are asking for!

Have the bolt in there for the time being but not sure how long that will last and also want something that will protect my boots from getting ripped!

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-07, 04:41 PM   #40
ASM-Forever

SVspares..or whatever they are called.

Might also be worth putting an ad in the wanted section/asking people breaking bikes.

Fat-******* might still have the gear lever left over from his SV. Could be worth a PM.

I'm sure you've already checked ebay.