SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-12-07, 08:48 AM   #1
krhall

Default The Huff!!!

No it's not David Hasslehoff, I'm taking about my breath deflector.

Used it for the first time this morning after deciding getting lifts, buses and trains is just too much hassle. I was a bit nervous about the bike but got on and not having to worry about steaming up made my journey much more pleasant.

I wasn't expecting too much for a tenner but this bad boy works perfectly and at times I REALLY tried to steam it up.

Oxford Huff - absolutely superb!!!!
Old 04-12-07, 08:51 AM   #2
mr.anderson

Default Re: The Huff!!!

I've been thinking about getting one of those.

Can you fit them to any lid?
mr.anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-07, 08:53 AM   #3
G
Mega Poster

Looks good that, I have a pinlock which works ok too. Steams up in extreme conditions though.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-07, 09:08 AM   #4
krhall

I have to say it is not an extreme cold day today, but the visor would normally steam up and didn't despite me trying to.

It uses velcro to attach and so I imagine would be fine in most helmets. It does make getting the helmet on/off a bit more tricky but is worth the effort.

The only things to note is that it does come into your vision a small amount, only noticable for a few miles then fine and it also retains some heat from your breath, with feels a bit strange at first.
Old 04-12-07, 01:26 PM   #5
philbut

The built in thing on my Caberg seems to do the job too, only a bit of steam when sittingat the lights, but I just pop the visor open a crack. Its not a flush as i guess the Oxford one is so probably not quite as effective, but not bad for a £100 lid really. going to get one for my Arai too, as i can be asked to keep fannying around with pinlocks.
Old 04-12-07, 01:28 PM   #6
mr.anderson

TTIUWP! Come on - show us your mugs.
Old 04-12-07, 01:32 PM   #7
krhall

TTIUWP???

Are those Caberg's any good? I have seen a couple on J&S and they come with dark visor insert too - looks like a great idea?
Old 04-12-07, 01:33 PM   #8
mr.anderson

TTIUWP - This Thread Is Useless Without Pictures.
Old 04-12-07, 01:43 PM   #9
philbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
TTIUWP???

Are those Caberg's any good? I have seen a couple on J&S and they come with dark visor insert too - looks like a great idea?
Yep, not bad. It comes with a chin guard to stop wind coming up the inside and the cool double visor thingy so you dont need to swap visors when it gets sunny, just flip the catch and you have a tinted visor come down from inside. This does steam up a bit on very damp winter days, but only at low speed. Comfort is OK, ive done about 12,000miles in mine and can't complain. The only thing I'd say is the finish is hard to keep clean (which i dont personally care about) on the matt black. Inner isnt removable but the chin pads are. Visor seems to stand up to abuse very well, mine has had a hard life and it's still very usable.
Old 04-12-07, 01:57 PM   #10
flibble

Bought mine at the NEC. Oxford huff fits well into Shoei XR-1000 and wearing mine for 2nd day today.

Does take a bit of getting used to.. had it pressed too tight yesterday and as it was squishing my nose was struggling to breath!!

Seems ok so far

Caberg sounds good. What's the wind noise like from in it as I'm finding the Shoei helmet really noisey?