SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Ancillaries Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on various other bits and bobs, such as rearsets, oil, engine bits.

Old 22-09-07, 09:01 AM   #1
Grinch

Default Bikeshop and Oxford heated grips

Last year I bought some heated grips for my SV, the Oxford ones with the old style controller with a knob. Well it appears they failed, and as some of you know in the UK you have 2 years to replace faulty items if they fail to meet there intended purpose under consumer law. So armed with this information I called them up.
They where just fine with it, no even need to mention consumer law, or even send in the recipt. Just told me to post it up and then a week later it arrived, so I'll be putting it on tonight.

Now I know that this is something that all shops should do, but we know how had this can sometimes. So thanks to 'Bikeshop' for your prompt and effective service.

Bikeshop Mail Order Hotline 01782 719500

Website - gear4bikers.co.uk - though the last time I looked the site was down for work.
Old 22-09-07, 09:48 AM   #2
Grinch

Default Re: Bikeshop and Oxford heated grips

Maybe I spoke to soon, put them on the bike, voltage going in, but the switch does nothing when I press the button!

I'll look at it more later.
Old 22-09-07, 10:13 AM   #3
injury_ian

2 years? i was under the impression that all electrical items must be guaranteed for 1 year?
Old 18-10-07, 02:55 PM   #4
Grinch

Right, just called them up again as I had not received a replacement what with the postal strike and all and they are sending me out a new controller today. So if all goes well it will be with me next week.
Old 27-10-07, 03:43 PM   #5
Grinch

Right the replacement heated grip controller arrived yesterday and is now on the bike and working just lovely, so cheers very much Bikeshop. Now got to get some for Jax.
Old 27-10-07, 04:05 PM   #6
hovis

ermmmmmm

if they replace the control box, that may mean they have just the grips for sale, as i have the control box i just need the grips