SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 02-01-11, 11:15 AM   #2611
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

New rear shock aye, are Penske about the best to get? edit: just seen how much they go for, I am assuming they are the mutts nuts

I may start customising soon, if my contract renewal happens in the next few days that is...

And ouch! I can feel your pain, I hope it heals quick

Last edited by kaivalagi; 02-01-11 at 11:17 AM.
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 01:00 PM   #2612
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrich View Post
I had to do the whole lot with my left thumb wrapped up in an hankie and electrical tape. Why? Because I was chopping some wood for the fire and missed the log! Fortunately I had thick gloves on but I still got a deep cut and it's throbbing like bugger now
Perhaps Santa should have bought you one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001EX8MU...SIN=B001EX8MU2

Feel your pain, GWS
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 02:17 PM   #2613
Gordon72

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
New rear shock aye, are Penske about the best to get? edit: just seen how much they go for, I am assuming they are the mutts nuts

I may start customising soon, if my contract renewal happens in the next few days that is...

And ouch! I can feel your pain, I hope it heals quick
If you do start taking bits off i could be interested in buying indicators brake levers etc off you!
Old 02-01-11, 04:37 PM   #2614
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsak View Post
If you do start taking bits off i could be interested in buying indicators brake levers etc off you!
Have you fallen off
Old 02-01-11, 04:48 PM   #2615
Gordon72

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Have you fallen off
yes a while ago, Only slow speed and its in a thread on here somewhere.
allready got mirror,bar end weight, exhaust, Got a bargain on a complete brand new lower fairing kit on e bay, from a suzuki dealer for under 100 pound.Only need the right side and one bolt/spacer from the fitting kit but it was to cheap to pass up!
Got the exhaust from speedy on here for a great price as well.
Just trying to avoid paying the dealers retail price

edit, http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=155154

Last edited by Gordon72; 02-01-11 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-01-11, 04:52 PM   #2616
maviczap
Mega Poster

That's shizzle.

Yep don't pay stealers prices if you can avoid it

Mine had a zero mph dent to the tank when a piece of 4x2 fell out of the stack in my garage
Old 02-01-11, 07:03 PM   #2617
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsak View Post
I haven't forgotten, but I suspect I'll not have anything useful for you with the first mods (hugger, fender extender, double smoked screen and tail tidy).

It's questionable if I will want to sell the stock can if replaced, as on resale it will go back on the bike and the custom exhaust will be sold separately. If I fit a new exhaust I will not be chopping the pipes either as it will have replacement link pipes too (Mivv stubby me thinks - http://www.motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk...oducts_id=5608)

Why not get a Mivv exhaust like the one I linked for your bike? Assuming you still need to sort it out?

What are the items you still need, might be a good idea to list the items in the first post of your thread you linked to?
Old 02-01-11, 07:42 PM   #2618
Gordon72

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
I haven't forgotten, but I suspect I'll not have anything useful for you with the first mods (hugger, fender extender, double smoked screen and tail tidy).

It's questionable if I will want to sell the stock can if replaced, as on resale it will go back on the bike and the custom exhaust will be sold separately. If I fit a new exhaust I will not be chopping the pipes either as it will have replacement link pipes too (Mivv stubby me thinks - http://www.motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk...oducts_id=5608)

Why not get a Mivv exhaust like the one I linked for your bike? Assuming you still need to sort it out?

What are the items you still need, might be a good idea to list the items in the first post of your thread you linked to?
I got the exhaust off speedy on here , full stock system that had only been used for riding the bike to his home from the dealers!.
The only thing i really want is a front brake lever and standard front indicator. The top cowl has a small scuff on it but i might just leave that for now.
The bike is fine to use as it is and when it warms up a bit in the garage i will change the side panel, mirror and exhaust over for the parts that i have got over the last few months..and then spend some money on junking the **** tyres that the bike came on!
Cheers for remembering that i asked you as i had forgotton
Old 02-01-11, 07:55 PM   #2619
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

I did read you saying the exhaust was sorted, not sure how I forgot 2 minutes after reading it...they're putting something in the water I tell you

I still have the 220 dunlops on and I had a scare today, the front end went very slightly when not really leaning all that - probably all that X-mas nosh giving the front end too much to handle ...it's making me think I'll replace the tyres though, once the weather picks up and I want to do some proper mileage

Are you going for Avon Storm Ultra 2's for the bike?
Old 02-01-11, 08:14 PM   #2620
Gordon72

Depends on funds at the time!Last year you could get maxxis fitted at tinklers for about 140 and theve got to be better than the st220's fitted at the moment.However if the funds are there i may well give the avons a go.