SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Should Scotland be an independent country?
Yes 24 34.78%
No 36 52.17%
Keithd 9 13.04%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-14, 06:13 PM   #1
MisterTommyH

Default The Org Scottish Referendum

Because we don't all get a vote....

vote here.
MisterTommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 06:18 PM   #2
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Org Scottish Referendum

Definately.

Wasn't paying that much attention but for Westminster to only announce plans/ideas to make it better a week before the vote, with things looking close, that lack of respect deserves being told "Stick it where the Sun Don;t Shine" (no, not "most of Scotland")

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 06:24 PM   #3
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Keith d ?
Old 10-09-14, 06:27 PM   #4
MisterTommyH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles View Post
Keith d ?
Mods required in voting booth C!
MisterTommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 06:38 PM   #5
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTommyH View Post
Mods required in voting booth C!
You called ?

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 06:39 PM   #6
Spank86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Definately.

Wasn't paying that much attention but for Westminster to only announce plans/ideas to make it better a week before the vote, with things looking close, that lack of respect deserves being told "Stick it where the Sun Don;t Shine" (no, not "most of Scotland")
Well they never give any of the rest of us things to "make it better", so to be honest the scots are pretty lucky they have a "country" they can use as leverage.
Old 10-09-14, 06:44 PM   #7
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Not bothered TBH. Some of Wales, Scotland and Ireland are so anti-English, I say let them have their cake.

I do however think they're voting for independence spearheaded by the very wrong person. Smoked salmon has nothing other than his own power, greed and wealth in mind, not the Scottish people's interests.

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 06:46 PM   #8
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
Not bothered TBH. Some of Wales, Scotland and Ireland are so anti-English, I say let them have their cake.

I do however think they're voting for independence spearheaded by the very wrong person. Smoked salmon has nothing other than his own power, greed and wealth in mind, not the Scottish people's interests.
Theres a good chance the 1st thing an independant Scotland will do is vote him out...

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 07:03 PM   #9
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

maybe so but who says that what he and his band of merry plebs have set up can be undone put right?

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 07:13 PM   #10
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
you could not be more wrong. the Scots dont mind the English and to see this all you do is have to go north of the scottish central belt region and see that a very large majority of small business are run by English people who are fed up with the way England is going and want a more relaxed way of life, almost every petrol station, cafe or hotel i walked into while on holiday 'up north' was being run by an English person.

the Scots dont hate the English we hate being told what to do by Westminster and having to come begging for our money to look after our affairs but after watching a program on the tv the other night i fear that there is a big hatred of the Scots by the English population who think that we are scroungers when in fact it's not the case, its the endless spending of Westminster that has got the UK into so much debt that the cost of living is getting out of hand.

Scotland asked to stay in the UK but look after our own taxation, duty and monies but still pay into the UK funds such as the forces etc,etc and were refused so the only logical solution was independence.

do you think for one tiny second that if Scotland were costing Westminster more money that they were getting out there would be so much fuss about the coming vote... ermmm no they would be cheering us on.

there is a looooot more at stake in the independence of Scotland than meets the eye but one of them might just be the devaluation of the GBP due to the BOE possibly dropping down the credit rating ladder.

if the United Kingdom really was united why do we still have a BOE dictating out currency and not a Bank of the United Kingdom with a United Kingdom currency...

Last edited by Bibio; 10-09-14 at 07:35 PM.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote