SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-05-18, 02:32 PM   #1
andy650

Default Unnecessary use of Stinger on Bike?

I personally think this copper was out of order, it looks like he planned to use it before anything had even happened? His boss has come out to defend him, and her decision to authorise its use, which makes her just as bad.

I don't think what he did was particularly dangerous, as some as saying, but it was totally unnecessary and over the top. Filtering isn't illegal and the first bike was being cautious enough.

I don't like to think bad of the Police, but sometimes they really do bring it on themselves......

https://www.morebikes.co.uk/45330/vi...on-motorcycle/
andy650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 04:47 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Unnecessary use of Stinger on Bike?

who ever was riding the R1? needs a lesson on what happens when you run people over, but i guess they are the type that done give a fek anyway.

the people on the quads.. ermm same as above, aholes of the first order.

the police have every right under the traffic laws to stop traffic at anytime they like. in this instance they stopped traffic to let CHILDREN cross the road.

all a bunch of inconsiderate asswipes if you ask me.

there seems to be a growing number of bikers that think the law dont apply to them and my guess is that they are all watching vids on youtube of brain dead mericans doing stupid shizz so think they can do it over here.... stupid is as stupid does.

if your reading this and your one of these asswipes then please go and die somewhere and let all of us other bikers not have the backlash of your fekin stupidity.

if any of them had kids how would they feel if a biker run them over... well you could be that biker running another bikers kid over...

hope they get caught and get the book thrown at them and get a big fat tadger up the behind in jail.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 04:51 PM   #3
Talking Heads

No reason for carrying a stinger at the time.
No reason for the bike rider to fail to stop for a police constable in uniform either.
Fault on both sides.
In defence of the rider the last cyclist had passed, in defence of the police constable, nope can't think of anything.
What really interests me is who took the video, the footage suggests it was pre-planned with the camera on a tripod.
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 04:56 PM   #4
Bibio
Mega Poster

so you think that a biker who is told to stop by the police until told to continue is ok?

never mind the speed he was doing....

i for one think its about time the police used stingers on bikers who are aholes.. dont care if they crash and get killed.

now i'm all for having fun on bikes anyone who rides with me will tell you but there is a time and a place for it and its not in built up areas.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 05:46 PM   #5
Talking Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
so you think that a biker who is told to stop by the police until told to continue is ok?

What I said was its not ok for him to have failed to stop.

Can you explain to me the method by which you measured the speed of the bike and what speed was it?
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 05:53 PM   #6
Chris_SVS

Knobs on bikes and quads - Don't know if the stinger use was warranted or not
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 06:46 PM   #7
Red ones
Mega Poster

Knobs.
Not surprised about a stinger on a cruise in Southend, the place fills with knobs.

The R1 rider couldn't see why the PC was in the road, there could easily have been a child on the road to the right of the picture and he wouldn't know. The kids on cycles could have been going to their mate.

As for anyone who tries facing down a copper like that deserves to have their vehicle closely examined.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 07:51 PM   #8
proze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post

i for one think its about time the police used stingers on bikers who are aholes.. dont care if they crash and get killed.

now i'm all for having fun on bikes anyone who rides with me will tell you but there is a time and a place for it and its not in built up areas.
Amen! It's ********s like this who give us all a bad name!
proze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-18, 08:27 AM   #9
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Neither police or public have a good opinion of bikers and it is incidents like this that reinforce that attitude. To me Quad bikes on the road and the cowboys on supermoto or MX bikes on the road (and ploughing up grass and flower beds in local parks) are not doing anyones attitude to bikers any good. Rideouts and easter egg runs can only do so much to bolster public opinion when you have so may a55holes using quad and MX bikes and loud exhausts to annoy people.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-18, 03:02 PM   #10
maviczap
Mega Poster

These riders will be the same knobs I've seen on the A12 & A13 returning from their Bank Holiday jaunts, pulling wheelies, racing through queues of traffic etc etc.

If you witnessed what these guys were doing, like I did, they need locking up

Feel sorry for the copper on his tod. Stinger deployment was a bit pointless in my view
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote