SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-05-06, 05:38 PM   #1
ak_uk

Default Colin Collins or West London Suzuki or where else?

Hi

First post and now I'm planning to buy my first bike - a naked SV650 - after I pass my test and before the 0% deal runs out. I'm trying decide where to spend my £1. CC is down the road but WLS seemed more real? Can you SV veterans help?

Ta

Arjun
Old 02-05-06, 07:07 PM   #2
Jelster

Arjun,

From personal experience I would shy away from Colin Collins....

West London Suzuki may not be as "cheap" but the value is far better. The sort of thing I'm talking about is peace of mind and customer service. CC seem to have a policy of "do the least possible for your customer..."

Mark at WLS is a decent bloke too. When were you thinking of visiting them ? I'd be happy to tag along, Mark knows me quite well.

Old 02-05-06, 07:44 PM   #3
Banjo

The guys at West London Suzuki are top notch, I travelled up from Gosport just to get them to do some work on my SV.

'Nuff said ?
Old 02-05-06, 08:08 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Ive only ever bought gaskets from Colin Collins but i have read worrying things about them on here.

Like the guy who had his brakes done there only to have the front calliper come off and dangle by the hose, just as he went round a roundabout.

*Saying that any mechanic, anywhere can make a mistake so its not neccesarily a reflection of the shop or manamment.

*keep the lawyers off my back wont it
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-06, 08:57 PM   #5
doe

Avoid colin colins. After my last experience, i will rather take my chances with a cowboy.
Old 02-05-06, 09:09 PM   #6
curium

I bought my SV from Colin Colins.

Once they've got you're money you can go **** yourself. They really are a useless bunch of ****s.

The old fat **** with glasses is particularly dispicable.

If they offered the cheapest deal I'd buy again but they wouldn't see me again, not even for the free first service.

To sum it up, everyone time I've been into CC (apart from when I bought the bike) I've been made to feel like they are doing me a favour! You'd never believe it was me paying them!
Old 02-05-06, 10:02 PM   #7
Jelster

I think you have you're answer really.....

Old 02-05-06, 10:03 PM   #8
lew893

Daytona motorcycles do good deals and good servicing in Ruislip Manor, they are a Kawasaki and Ducati dealership but they have a Suzuki dealership in Islington and they will sell you the bike from the Ruislip dealership.
Old 02-05-06, 11:00 PM   #9
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew893
Daytona motorcycles do good deals and good servicing in Ruislip Manor, they are a Kawasaki and Ducati dealership but they have a Suzuki dealership in Islington and they will sell you the bike from the Ruislip dealership.
I thought the Islington showroom had closed, and they only had a workshop there now.

You do know that Daytona are owned by HGB don't you ? And if not, do you know about the stolen customers bike ?

Old 03-05-06, 05:41 AM   #10
TC3

CC in Letchworth have been ok for me. The SV is the 2nd bike i have got from them and i have had lil to complain about really. Mike is the salesman to talk to as he gets everything sorted and is a good bloke