SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-02-06, 09:43 PM   #21
dieter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM
Did you have to modify the front sprocket cover
Yes, have a look to an original cover than you see what i did (with a saw )

Quote:
what about the push rod, original one or the one from the DL?
You need a longer push rod too, i've forgotten to tell that. It must be 10mm longer than the original. The one from the TL/DL/SV1000 is the same as the SV650 original. I made an adapter to make my one longer with a piece of another rod (because it have to be harded).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2
Nice belt drive conversion too.....
Thank you! more photos over there

greetings Dieter
Old 01-02-06, 10:22 PM   #22
Professor

Service at a dealership does wonders for the clutch. Don't know what
the mechanics at Fowlers do to the clutch but I always notice a
marked difference after service, especially as I normally have to
ride through heavy traffic when leaving the dealership. The clutch
works much more smoothly.
Old 02-02-06, 08:12 AM   #23
johndo

Default re

there is a simple method of making cluth lighter that is to use a Sammy Miller easy clutch ,5 mins to fit and you can adjust the ratio as well. got one fitted to my bike and the clutch is feather light. only costs about £10-15
johndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-09, 06:39 PM   #24
maclariz

Default Re: re

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndo View Post
there is a simple method of making cluth lighter that is to use a Sammy Miller easy clutch ,5 mins to fit and you can adjust the ratio as well. got one fitted to my bike and the clutch is feather light. only costs about £10-15
How, or more precisely, where do you fit one of these things?

The SV650 naked curvy has a tight space and the cable already has a built in tight bend to make sure it misses the instrument cluster. Putting it in inline at the handlebar would make it run into this.

I've already had a new cable, cleaned and regreased the worm drive, greased the lever end and all is as good as it's going to be, but I'm concerned it may still be a bit tight for me on a regular basis. I've recently had tennis elbow in my left elbow, probably partially caused by the repeated use of the clutch on my daily commute, and I would prefer to avoid a recurrence. So, if I can make the clutch lighter, this will be preferable to the other alternative (giving up riding for another month or two ).
Old 16-04-09, 04:07 AM   #25
Paul C

Default Re: Hydraulic clutch conversion?

As I, with little girley sized hands, can pull the clutch in with one finger, I vote for lubing the cable, replacing if its still stiff.
Old 16-04-09, 05:42 AM   #26
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
As I, with little girley sized hands, can pull the clutch in with one finger, I vote for lubing the cable, replacing if its still stiff.
Agreed, if the clutch withdrawal mechanism is working properly the SV clutch is as light as you could wish for.
Along with the cable ensure the lifter isn't worn too, lost motion and lots of friction if it is.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-10, 12:45 AM   #27
stratman_001

Default Hydraulic clutch conversion

Hi all, im gonna do a hydraulic clutch conversion on my naked curvy, iv ordered all the bits that i think i need e.g an entire sv1000 clutch and iv machined a piece of silver steel 10mm long to extend the push rod as apparently required.... i was just wondering if anyone who has attempted this could give me some hints and tips on how to get it right??
Thanks very much
Chris.B
Old 23-02-10, 07:48 PM   #28
svdemon

Default Re: Hydraulic clutch conversion

I'm collecting bits to do this too, got a Hayabusa master cylinder now need to get a slave cylinder.

I'll be watching this thread with interest.
Old 23-02-10, 08:29 PM   #29
simesb

Default Re: Hydraulic clutch conversion

What benefit do you hope to gain from this, or is it just because you can?
Old 23-02-10, 08:35 PM   #30
stratman_001

Hi im about to undertake this conversion myself, i have a complete sv1000 clutch and master cylinder, a piece of silver steel 10mm long and a spare sprocket cover waiting to be chopped about, is there any chance anyone could give me a step by step account of how to do this conversion?? or any pictures would really help thanks to Dieter for his pictures they have already helped greatly.
Thanks very much
Chris.B