SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 01-03-18, 08:03 PM   #4791
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Actually been taking some pictures! Got 2x35mm and a 120 to send off. Hopefully didn't screw up the last 6x9 shot as I forgot to wind the film on the last few mm after popping open the lens door, I realised just after I pressed the shutter button. It's Portra 400 and I have been winding it on to the last mark before the frame number, then finishing it off when the camera is open.
Stopped by Pear Mill in Manc to visit the Vintage Emporium. Holy Actual Cow, the place is huge, even organised into departments e.g. sewing machines. There are a fair few cameras there but mainly boxes, Comets, Kodaks (plastic 127s) etc. so not so interesting.
Now wondering which camera to load next (I sound like Kenzie!). I have no lens cap or case for the Minolta AL, but it's all there so maybe I should just buy a £2 lens cap. I would still have to fix something else or, shocker, re-use one I've already tested, and not really got the time right now.
Nice axe John, the Reomar is a triplet so may be a bit soft at wider apertures but with scale focus I guess stopping it down a bit is usually in the plan!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-18, 08:22 PM   #4792
Kenzie

I've got enough cameras to last a lifetime! The job lot turned up today, three of them are junk and the Zorki needs new shutter curtains, will make a nice display piece. I somehow have to get this lot back together.

What's left in your repair pile? Didn't you get some agfas to fix?

Last edited by Kenzie; 01-03-18 at 08:34 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-18, 08:38 PM   #4793
yokohama

Kenzie, I have complete faith in your ability to sort that lot out.
Here's a deal. https://www.gumtree.com/p/video-came...ase/1288997174
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-18, 08:52 PM   #4794
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
I've got enough cameras to last a lifetime!
HAHHHAHHAHHAHHAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah three Super Silettes, not bad but need CLA. The other is the Contessamatic that I need to put a new cell in (got it ready) and CLA but I think it isn't too bad. There are others, of course - I even made a list!
Quite a haul there Yoko
Old 01-03-18, 09:20 PM   #4795
Kenzie

That's a steal Yoko, I'd be buying that if it were closer.
Old 02-03-18, 06:32 AM   #4796
yokohama

Yeah, this time last year, I'd have been straight up there but now I'm a bit more selective. Not a great Canon fan anyway and I'd probably just sell them on so, kind of CBA on this one.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 07:56 AM   #4797
Kenzie

I have the lens elements back together, just need to get the whole lot back together in the right place.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-18, 10:58 PM   #4798
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Having a go at my Durst Automatica. It was meant to be an idle tinker but... I'd read about the funky pneumatic auto shutter speed mechanism, and also that the shutter is pneumatic, very quiet, and prone to the tubes inside that make it work falling to bits. Well, it's all in bits and there are no tubes. I was having a bit of trouble getting the front plate off, the shutter needs to be cokked for this, so while looking for help on t'internet, basically there is nothing, so the lack of tubing is a bit less surprising - no-one is owning up to having seen inside it.

It's actually all pretty good, the meter is weedy but has a little life, the auto linkage works, the X-sync did until I broke the wire off, the glass is good, the self timer sticks (yeah), but the escapement sounds nice, and no oil on the shutter blades. I think the issue it has is that the wind on mechanism doesn't always fully cokk the shutter, then basically you're stuck, so I need to look at that. I'll have to dig out the soldering iron for the flash contact wire (which is very short) and try to get it back in one piece before I get back into work next week!
Old 03-03-18, 06:33 AM   #4799
Kenzie

Sounds like you have been having fun. I did take the top plate off mine to have a look but didn't get very far with it. The meter on mine is completely dead. They so make an odd sound when they fire, mines in the very long queue of stuff to be used. Still not sure what to do with the Seagull.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-18, 09:54 AM   #4800
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Not vintage but took apart a broken 18-200 canon lens. Zoom and focus rings were jammed solid. Managed to free it up and found a loose screw and a dowel inside, note the score marks.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk