SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 21-02-18, 07:37 PM   #4741
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Looks a solid lump of camera there. Does the meter work? I can't remember if you said it did or not. I had a Pentax Program A arrive today, chucked some new batteries in it and it seems fine. The only issue I can find is the mode selector switch doesn't lock with the grey tab and there is no click when moving modes.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 08:03 PM   #4742
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
Looks a solid lump of camera there. Does the meter work? I can't remember if you said it did or not. I had a Pentax Program A arrive today, chucked some new batteries in it and it seems fine. The only issue I can find is the mode selector switch doesn't lock with the grey tab and there is no click when moving modes.
Yep the meter works. The only other issue I can see is that the self timer doesn't work which isn't an issue.
Old 21-02-18, 08:45 PM   #4743
Kenzie

That's good then. Whatever you do, do NOT touch that self timer! Its not worth the risk! I managed to salvage a click post from a dead ME Super but it either fell on the floor or into the camera, I can't hear anything loose inside so hoping it didn't go in. I managed to find a small detent ball to use in its place, so while it now clicks, it doesn't lock.
Old 21-02-18, 09:05 PM   #4744
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
That's good then. Whatever you do, do NOT touch that self timer! Its not worth the risk! I managed to salvage a click post from a dead ME Super but it either fell on the floor or into the camera, I can't hear anything loose inside so hoping it didn't go in. I managed to find a small detent ball to use in its place, so while it now clicks, it doesn't lock.
Lol. I'm not going near it. I dropped a small bearing whilst fiddling with the A1. Found it with the help of a magnet.
Old 21-02-18, 09:08 PM   #4745
Kenzie

I dropped the ball twice trying to fit it, then it got stuck to the tweezers! I finally tracked down some lighter fluid so I have started to flush out the 135mm Nikon fit lens, getting there slowly and the aperture blades are starting to snap back on their own now. The Program A looks to be an updated ME Super.
Old 22-02-18, 09:31 PM   #4746
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I think so - I have a Super Program which is the same thing. You have auto exposure (programmed, with SMC-A lenses) plus full manual and aperture- or shutter-priority. Fully electronic vertical shutter. TTL flash which I think meters off the film itself. It's quite a tool, I didn't realise when I got it - there isn't much left you'd want. Electronic self timer that can't jam! Although you can forget to turn it off.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-18, 09:32 PM   #4747
yokohama

Picked up a Zuiko 35-70 zoom today. It's tiny! Almost the same size as the standard 50mm. It will fit nicely on the OMD so will try it out on that.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-18, 06:09 AM   #4748
Kenzie

The 50mm OM lens Admin sent me was going to end up on my OM20, but seeing as it has decided it doesn't want to work properly it will end up on the G1 instead. It was quite a lot of fun taking it apart and cleaning it all up. Can't wait to see what it produces. I might have to track down that one Yoko. Edit- found one, will need some work but it was cheap!

Last edited by Kenzie; 23-02-18 at 06:17 AM.
Old 23-02-18, 06:45 PM   #4749
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
The 50mm OM lens Admin sent me was going to end up on my OM20, but seeing as it has decided it doesn't want to work properly it will end up on the G1 instead. It was quite a lot of fun taking it apart and cleaning it all up. Can't wait to see what it produces. I might have to track down that one Yoko. Edit- found one, will need some work but it was cheap!
That's a shame but i guess you learnt a stripping it down.
Old 23-02-18, 06:49 PM   #4750
Kenzie

I certainly did, its not that hard with this lens and a good guide. Did you want it back to use?