SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 14-09-06, 04:33 PM   #1
hovis

Default Aberdare Freedom Rally Weekend Sat 30th - Info Required.

anybody know wots happing in aberdare this weekend??????? freedom rally...sat or sun??as i am typing this i have had a text freedom rally 30th sepaberdare park 10.30 ...any more info anyone??

Old 14-09-06, 04:51 PM   #2
valleyboy

I have no idea.. and I live here....

though, Im never in Aberdare most days.... out and about on the bike elsewhere instead!

Old 14-09-06, 06:00 PM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Title edited to remove capitals - No need to shout. We're not deaf.

Cheers

Fizz

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 14-09-06, 07:51 PM   #4
Carsick

Best I could find

Old 14-09-06, 08:22 PM   #5
valleyboy

You seem to have hit the nail on the head right there..... looks like its more for the crossers around here than anything else.... which they are right, the police have clamped down a LOT recently on them... but, not wanting to start a fight on the subject, a lot of them deserve the police's attention.. as they do tend to push their luck with the law, and there have been a few accidents around here caused by people on off road bikes while travelling on the roads....

Im all for them to have somewhere to go and play, but a few of them just take the mickey...

though that post is about the event, the phone number (area code) is for around here... plus RCTCBC = Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council....

sadly, one of their 'fun' routes is in Aberdare Country park, and you can see them bomb around just feet away from people who go there for a walk.... again, its probably the minority spoiling it for the majority for our off road brethren.... if they sorted out their own so to speak, maybe the council wouldnt be taking such drastic action as to clamp down so hard...

Closed Thread