SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 21-03-09, 08:35 PM   #11
Seggons

Default Re: Peaks Ride Safely Home Thread

I got in about an hour ago, I'm fed and watered and ready for bed, It's been a long day. Thanks allot for the cracking day out Binky, both roads and company have been brill.

The ride home was interesting. After getting onto the M1 slap bang in the average speed check zone I kept the bike to 50 while everyone zoomed off. I thought that was the last I would see of them as they didn't go into the first service station like I did. So a while later it was dark, I was doing between 80 to 90 in the 3rd lane I glanced into my mirror and all I could see was 2 bright lights up my backside.

Then all I could hear was this deep, loud exhaust note which was familiar. Pulled into the 2nd lane and sure enough it was Plowsie. Back into the 3rd lane I went when another bike come up quickly from behind, moved over and there was speedplay. I was going to tag along till I realised what speed they were doing.
Old 21-03-09, 10:16 PM   #12
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

we home.. me achin too and not done as many miles as u guys-

mand gone work - me gone sleep-

anyone wanna buy a gixer.. lol

cheers all..
Old 21-03-09, 10:30 PM   #13
davepreston

home and toasty warm now , what a mint route binky ur a legend and may i thank the kind man in the ferrari who got the police to pull him over insted ov me ton plus a bit ,licence losser
and plowsie one for you
Old 21-03-09, 10:34 PM   #14
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard View Post
we home.. me achin too and not done as many miles as u guys-

mand gone work - me gone sleep-

anyone wanna buy a gixer.. lol

cheers all..
nowt wrong widd your Gixxer, it just thinks theres not enough fuel getting through because of your filter, so its dumping more fuel in. Either remap, or shove in the old one. Matts Raptor did it, when his battery was dying, the damn thing kept sending alsorts of 'F' thingys, and dumped fuel, didn't half go popppettty farty bang! Just depends on you injection system.
Its not going to be a big problem to sort out.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-09, 11:07 PM   #15
speedplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seggons View Post
Then all I could hear was this deep, loud exhaust note which was familiar. Pulled into the 2nd lane and sure enough it was Plowsie. Back into the 3rd lane I went when another bike come up quickly from behind, moved over and there was speedplay. I was going to tag along till I realised what speed they were doing.
I honestly dont know what your talking about

Was funny watching plowsie kicking at some muppets car on the roundabout to the services...typical left hand lane to turn right sort of idiot
Old 21-03-09, 11:51 PM   #16
GMS

Got home about 8, just 8 hours at work to do now then home to bed.
Thanks to Binky for sorting it and cheers to everyone for a great day
Graham
GMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-09, 12:00 AM   #17
petevtwin650

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMS View Post
Graham
Now that is enthusiasm . Hope they have a camp bed at work Graham
Old 22-03-09, 12:08 AM   #18
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Been back hours. Hopefully we can all do another Peaks ride in a few more months and better this one further.

Just to say GMS your curvy sounds pretty sweet... and yes, as does yours Plowsie. What i have learnt from today is that Curvy's always sound better. Not that i'm starting a debate, we'll keep that for another thread.
Old 22-03-09, 12:23 AM   #19
petevtwin650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
Just to say GMS your curvy sounds pretty sweet... and yes, as does yours Plowsie. What i have learnt from today is that Curvy's always sound better. Not that i'm starting a debate, we'll keep that for another thread.
Well much as I don't like pointy's ,I love the sound of DavieSV's stubby.
Old 22-03-09, 06:09 AM   #20
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seggons View Post
I got in about an hour ago, I'm fed and watered and ready for bed, It's been a long day. Thanks allot for the cracking day out Binky, both roads and company have been brill.

The ride home was interesting. After getting onto the M1 slap bang in the average speed check zone I kept the bike to 50 while everyone zoomed off. I thought that was the last I would see of them as they didn't go into the first service station like I did. So a while later it was dark, I was doing between 80 to 90 in the 3rd lane I glanced into my mirror and all I could see was 2 bright lights up my backside.

I dunno what you talking about, I was doing 71 all the way officer, you were just doing 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
I honestly dont know what your talking about

Was funny watching plowsie kicking at some muppets car on the roundabout to the services...typical left hand lane to turn right sort of idiot
Its a left boot print with possible electrical tape stuck to his car, or, a big fat plowsie dent in the side of his car, I weren't moving for a Vectra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMS View Post
Graham
Lock yer bike up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
Been back hours. Hopefully we can all do another Peaks ride in a few more months and better this one further.

They faster too, Speedplay tried it methinks on the M1, was nowhere lol.

Mebbe it was my filtering tactics