SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-01-05, 07:07 PM   #1
will

Default leaving bike on street in Central London overnight

what are the chances of it still being there in the morning? only security will be the alarm and a disc lock........
Old 25-01-05, 07:09 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

I'd be worried to be honest mate. Never done it and hope i never have to.

Maybe find a local NCP, their overnight charges aint too bad IIRC... and ask em about how secure it is first.
hth
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-05, 07:29 PM   #3
will

ncp, good idea. there's one sort of up the road, i'll check it out for biker-friendliness on my way home in a few minutes.

ta for that spidey.

does anyone else have suggestions....time is running out as i need to park it up tomorrow (weds) morning, and then i'll be away until thursday night.

the thought of using public transport to get into work is just too awful to contemplate........
Old 25-01-05, 07:38 PM   #4
jonboy

Post something in the Soho Massive section asking for temp bike parking - you might be lucky and have an offer of help.

Old 25-01-05, 07:47 PM   #5
jump

public transport... bike stolen... public transport... bike stolen... ah? public transport please... as horrible an experience as it is!

Oh and like me, when my bike was in for a service and the one blinking day i use the tube from clapham north to embankment, the 20 min trip takes an over an hour due to mainland trains not working etc.....sods law
Old 25-01-05, 08:20 PM   #6
will

problem solved -free parking in ncp near my office, 24 hr guard.

thx for advice. will.
Old 25-01-05, 08:25 PM   #7
Viney
Mega Poster

Where do you work again
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-05, 09:27 PM   #8
jump

which is ncp is that???
Old 26-01-05, 01:34 PM   #9
will

feel free to have a go lads, it's not the ncp actually, it's in the police car park underneath west end central police station in savile row.
Old 26-01-05, 02:01 PM   #10
helen

I worry about my bike enough in St James's square in the day time...leaving it there all night would have me pooing myself.