SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 11-05-10, 09:15 AM   #1
Wester

Default Mallory Park 20th May

I'm at Mallory on a Hottrax day, It's pretty well priced knowing the start of the summer pricing is kicking in, Weather looks good so far aswell.

http://www.hottrax-online.com/produc...d94a57e51a9ea2

I'm in advanced.
Old 20-05-10, 08:47 PM   #2
Wester

Default Re: Mallory Park 20th May

After booking this TD a few weeks ago I had been watching the weather and strangely for a trackday the various weather services said it was going to be a belter and it didnt dissapoint, So well done the met-office for actually being able to predict weather for once!
Today was due to be a shakedown for me, Having just got back my dry bike with a new headgasket and after having the carbs tinkered with, I was really looking forward to just getting out and having a blast in preperation for the race day on sunday. I left home at about 7:15 to get to Mallory for 8:15, get the bike unloaded and get signed on.

I must mention now that this was my first hottrax trackday (And I will use them again). The blokes at signon were really friendly and up for a laugh with my ACU photo and then followed a relaxed breifing that didnt feel like you were being spoken to like a naughty school child, just a great way to start the day.
Whilst unloading we noticed one of the bikes had fallen slightly onto the other colliding levers, I told the old man to adjust the clutch as it felt just a bit far out, he obliged and then it was time for my first ever fast session.
The pace seemed pretty quick to me and everything seemed alright till hitting the start finish straight when i noticed the clutch was slipping really bad down the start finish line, managed to finish the first session and had a look round and thought we would just see how it goes and wether the problem was me and not the bike.
came in after the first lap of the second session with the same problem, So we just retraced the steps we had taken in the day.
The pesky bloody lever.
couple of turns back out again and she was working like a dream. Finished the second session feeling comfortable again loving the bike back to her former glory.

Next couple of sessions came around and I flicked on the laptimer to see how we were getting along. Another one of my main aims for today was to get to the point of throwing it into gerrards with little to no braking in top gear carrying full throttle all the way round.
This remained my aim until I finished up after the first session after lunch, my legs were knackered and I'd worn my right knee slider through the plastic. So today:
  • I managed to knock my PB down to 1:02 and am now lapping consistent 1:03's,
  • I love throwing my ZXR into corners.
  • I love chasing down BMW S1000RR's.
  • The one time you leave a skidmark(both in your pants and on track) It means nothing unless you have photographic evidence.
  • 125GP riders are fearless fearless young creatures.

Last edited by Wester; 20-05-10 at 09:04 PM.
Old 25-05-10, 11:35 AM   #3
gettin2dizzy

Default Re: Mallory Park 20th May

Any more pics? Sounds great What were the fast group like?