SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-08-06, 05:47 PM   #1
kwak zzr

Default calling anyone with a k6

my sv is a k3 and at the back of the rear brake pedal theres a spring that is sprung down to join the frame, its job i surpose is to return the brake pedal back to its original position quickly. anyway here with the question, my cousins k6 has'nt got that spring? its got the holes where it should be but its not there? now its a new bike so has it not been fitted or do suzuki not use it anymore?

cheers

daz
Old 24-08-06, 05:50 PM   #2
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

FWIW My K3 1000 has the holes and no spring, in the case of mine it's 'cos it has the same pedal and same frame mount as the 'S' but the footrest plate is different so the holes, whilst present, no longer align - so the spring is not fitted.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-06, 06:13 PM   #3
kwak zzr

so the 650k6 prob should be like this and theres nothing wrong. cheers.
Old 24-08-06, 06:15 PM   #4
FG1

Sorry to hi jack but whilst we are looking at our K^'s could anybody let me know how many bolts are holding the rad on at the top.
I noticed on mine that there was only one and so have ordered another but the other day I saw one in Uxbridge and he also only had one bolt at the top of the rad.
BTW on his plate it said Tut Tut Ginger Nut. Anybody from here???
Old 24-08-06, 06:18 PM   #5
kwak zzr

two brackets either side of the rad into the frame one bolt in each bracket.
Old 24-08-06, 07:13 PM   #6
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Not all of them, some have a bolt one side, and on the other side a stub over which the rubber mount of the rad fits.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-06, 07:15 PM   #7
Baph

The rear brake - has a spring to return it to position. You have to pretty much lay under the bike to see it, and it's obscured from view, but you already knew this - just to confirm we're looking in the same place.

The radiator - two brackets on the top, either side of the engine, 1 bolt in each holds the radiator to the frame. Also two brackets on the bottom that hold the plastic guard infront of the front cylinder, these also have 1 bolt that appears to be holding it to the engine casing

Yours sincerely,
Mechanical numpty - just been outside to check.
Old 25-08-06, 09:00 PM   #8
kwak zzr

this is where ive got a spring on my k3?
Old 25-08-06, 09:03 PM   #9
kwak zzr

see
Old 25-08-06, 09:07 PM   #10
Law

Wierd, dunno why it's not there anymore but my K5 doesn't have a spring and the lever returns back to it's original position anyway.