SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-07-07, 05:33 PM   #1
LouLou

Default Stressed out...test on Thurs!!

Hello everyone!! Tomorrow is my last day of training before test day and I'm TERRIFIED!!

I'm doing my test on the 125 as I wasn't very confident on the big bike and actually managed to drop it twice (surprise surprise!!)...I don't mind the thought of having my SV restricted but I'm just worried that I won't be able to 'manage' it as I'm so weedy and it's so big and heavy...tried having a go in my garden the other day and I was just terrified of dropping it

I'm also worried about tomorrow as it's a whole day training in the town where I'll be doing the test...it's quite a long ride from the training centre and as the instructor and other girl who's doing her DAS will be on the bigger bikes I'll be thrashing the 125's guts out which makes me feel like I'm seconds away from a horrible death lol I guess that's down to the off I had a few days into the training tho!

I'm not too worried about the actual test other than an irrational fear of messing up before I've even left the test centre...ie. dropping the bike...I am so STRESSED OUT!!

To cap it all I'm not feeling great because I've had a falling out with somebody who I love to bits and I'm feeling a bit gutted...such is life...sometimes you just need a hug lol

Rant over...
Old 03-07-07, 05:48 PM   #2
Rich
Mega Poster

Default Re: Stressed out...test on Thurs!!

Ahhh Big Hug . Sounds like your worrying is taking over your riding. You must try and relax though, the only way you'll pass is if your concentrating 100% on your riding, and not about whats going to happen when you pull up, your mind set is "i hope i don't drop it." Try concentrating on position at the junction and all you mirror checks, LIFE SAVERS, make sure left foot down and right foot covering the brake, keep doing checks in your mirrors too. Just try and divert you thoughts away from dropping it, i know it must be hard but you can do it. Don't worry about getting something wrong though as long as it isnt dangerous it'll only go down as a minor and your aloud 16. YOU WILL PASS, and don't worry if you don't do it first time around it won't be the end of the world. Just book up again, prepare and then try again.

Try not to think of it as a test too, fortunatly when i did my test my examiner was driving a car so i was all alone, i prefered it though because i didn't feel under pressure at all.

Good Luck and don't worry !!!
Old 03-07-07, 06:37 PM   #3
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

cant really say much about nerves for some strange i didn't really have any nerves until an hour before the test where i was sh!ting a brick sideways but as soon as you jump on the bike all nerves go.

be one with the bike, be the bike, you are the bike

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 06:53 PM   #4
Law

Like Rich says relax!! Concentrate on the positive and be more confident, I remember you saying you had a good day in a previous thread.

Good luck!
Old 03-07-07, 07:31 PM   #5
LouLou

Aww ta for the hugs and thanks also for the support...I had a really good day on the bike last tues so hopefully all will go well tomorrow and Thurs!!
Old 03-07-07, 07:44 PM   #6
Baph

I spent a long time riding in fields before my DAS (years & years as a kid), and had done a CBT and a while of riding on the road before I took a 4 day intensive DAS.

The night before my test I was fine, not a care in the world. I was confident in my ability to handle the bike.

20mins before my test, by myself, I decided I'd give it a go at getting the bike on the centre stand, and I dropped it. Oops. 5mins before the test I had serious butterflies, so much so that I thought I'd throw up.

2mins into the test I ran wide on a bend & was seriously convinced that I'd screwed it up. So **** that, I haven't been told to stop, so I'll ride the way I damn well want to ride, and chill out a little, I'll probably have to take the test again anyway. I didn't as it happens, but I still know what you're talking about with nerves, and it's almost always completely irrational.

So long as you can ride how you've been taught to, the nerves will always play a part, regardless of experience, think of it as another lesson. Only this time you get a little bit of paper at the end.

Get Thursday out of the way, then you can actually start learning how to ride a bike.

Old 03-07-07, 07:55 PM   #7
ArtyLady

I got terribly stressed out - as Ping will confirm , when we did our DAS, so I do know how you feel.

Good idea doing it on the 125 if youre more at home on that, you will be fine!

I wish Id been a bit less stuborn and done mine on the 125, I would have probably been less stressed out and who knows - maybe I would have passed first time instead of second
Old 03-07-07, 10:10 PM   #8
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Fingers crossed for you

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-07, 08:01 AM   #9
Mogs

Good luck
Old 04-07-07, 08:06 AM   #10
Skip
Mega Poster

Best of luck LouLou as mentioned in another thread - are you taking your test in Kings Lynn or Norwich? I took mine in Kings Lynn which was nice and easy - you will be fine wherever I am sure! If you want to go for a gentle confidence building rideout once you have passed let me know (I am based in Wymondham)

Last edited by Skip; 04-07-07 at 08:08 AM.
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote