SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Moto GP Goto Moto GP Official Site

Old 27-06-08, 08:31 AM   #1
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default No more Moto GP on Eurosport

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/moto...es_motogp.html

Meh.. I think the Eurosport coverage is vastly superior to the BBC.

I hope the BBC Keep Parish on and also get Randy Mamola in their employ to.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-08, 08:32 AM   #2
plowsie

Default Re: No more Moto GP on Eurosport

Can't believe it, they are the best for the sport!
Old 27-06-08, 08:52 AM   #3
wheelnut

It is disgusting, someone else has to take this on, BBC only show the main race totally forgetting the FP and support races.

And if the GP clashes with a tiddleywinks competition in Albania, we wont even get the race result.
Old 27-06-08, 10:25 AM   #4
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut View Post
It is disgusting, someone else has to take this on, BBC only show the main race totally forgetting the FP and support races.

And if the GP clashes with a tiddleywinks competition in Albania, we wont even get the race result.
Total agree. This is a joke! Why cant they have both channels like now!? If BBC has it then id like to see the 125 and 250 races, 125 especially atm. Maybe they can at least get these on interactive? The only advantage to BBC is the lack of brakes... On and when F1 clashes, which will win? Heh I wonder .

Will miss the commontators. Maybe the BBC can get them in to do the 125 & 250's? That would be acceptable I think.

Big Bad JOKE.

Why do the people in charge never ask the customer?
Old 27-06-08, 10:32 AM   #5
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Toby Moody, Julian Ryder, Jamie Whitham, Jack Burnicle, Randy Mamola all make the bike racing for me. Real, proper passionate about it and bloody funny as well.

I can take or leave Parish and Perry.

Edit: If there are clashes with F1.....guess what takes precidence. Sheesh.

Last edited by Scoobs; 27-06-08 at 10:36 AM.
Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-08, 10:32 AM   #6
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

The BBC's coverage is nothing short of woeful - useless commentary from useless presenters - & this is before we even get to the fact that they are likely to start coverage 30secs prior to the sighting lap of the 'main race' - don't bother looking for the 125's or 250's - the Beeb don't bother with them at all

If you want an example of the BBC's attitude towards MotoGP - go to the BBC Sports homepage & try to find ANYTHING about motorcycling - there's nothing there - no mention even in the 'Other Sports' section, & that has items about Netball & Gaelic Games* for God's sake !!

* Nothing against these sports - I just use them as an example of other 'minority' sports
Old 27-06-08, 10:40 AM   #7
Stig

Not cool at all.
Old 27-06-08, 10:41 AM   #8
Pedrosa

Problem you have in the U.K. is that bike racing is a minority sport. It will never compete with the viewing figures enjoyed in say Italy or here in Spain.

Here in Spain viewing stats always show the coverage of the Moto GP race to be among the top 5 every week. You would never see that in the U.K. So here, it is a perfect vehicle for advertisers to receive a high profile for any campaign. That is what pays the bills for the TV companies.

Even if the present Beeb coverage is crap,what are the viewing stats for it? I would rather watch my fave sport and turn down the volume to avoid prattish commentary than avoid it altogether.

If people start watching in bigger numbers and pressing the Beeb to improve then they just might do so. But to repeat,the bottom line is only justified by viewing stats.
Old 27-06-08, 10:43 AM   #9
markmoto

That sucks big time
Old 27-06-08, 10:58 AM   #10
mike_avfc

let me try and be upbeat about this

we have several BBC channels, not just BBC1, this does give them the opportunity to broadcast all day coverage. As they don't broadcast much consistent bike racing now maybe they will bring the Eurosport team over, at the end of the day if Eurosport were sensible these guy would all have contracts that run out the same time as the broadcast rights.

It does concern me though, so heres the petition to sign http://www.petitiononline.com/motogp09/

remember, if they paid a lot for this out of public money they have a duty to show all the classes that they paid for !!