SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 27-11-08, 12:42 PM   #1
Davies

Default Grrrrr, parking ticket

I uncovered my bike this morning to find that a lovely parking attendant had left me an early Christmas present. This means that, in order to issue the ticket, they lifted my bike cover and then re-secured it......are they allowed to do this? I've parked in the same place for 3 years and have only every received one other ticket, and that was when I had left the bike uncovered. The parking attendants seem to always ignore my bike until now. Now, I know I was illegally parked but it is the only save place to leave the bike......do you think I've got any grounds to appeal? I don't think I have so I might just pay the £60 to avoid the hassle, but I might have them on a technicality. If you look at the time of alleged offence it is from 8:43 to 8:43, technically never! I'm clutching at straws here aren't I OOOO, and they forgot to record my tax disk.

Last edited by Davies; 27-11-08 at 12:50 PM. Reason: carp spelling
Old 27-11-08, 12:55 PM   #2
custard

Default Re: Grrrrr, parking ticket

i didnt think they are allowed to remove the cover. incidently check for any scratches the warden may have caused whilst removing the cover. wink wink.
Old 27-11-08, 01:12 PM   #3
wyrdness

It *might* be invalid as the vehicle colour is incorrect. I'd challenge it.
Old 27-11-08, 01:24 PM   #4
Grinch

Ask Zig, he's the master on this stuff.
Old 27-11-08, 01:31 PM   #5
Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrdness View Post
It *might* be invalid as the vehicle colour is incorrect. I'd challenge it.
Mmmmm, good point, although my bike is half red and have white. I guess they put white because they only lifted the cover off the rear of the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch;
Ask Zig, he's the master on this stuff.
He's helped me massively in the past on another ticket........just waiting for our superhero to start his lunch
Old 27-11-08, 01:34 PM   #6
Dave20046
Mega Poster

challenge it. I think they take photos for proof now so you might not be able to say you weren't there but couldn't you say the warden hurriedly issued it while you had your back turned as you'd just parked up to check a tyre?
Old 27-11-08, 01:37 PM   #7
Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
challenge it. I think they take photos for proof now so you might not be able to say you weren't there but couldn't you say the warden hurriedly issued it while you had your back turned as you'd just parked up to check a tyre?
Hmmm, depends if the got a picture of this or not

....clearly shows I was parked for a while. Saying that though I thought they had to "observe" you committing the alleged offence for a minimum period, and the ticket clearly shows that they didn't.
Old 27-11-08, 03:13 PM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

OK i'm on lunch now

So lots to consider/contemplate here my friend.

1st, i believe that it was Westminster who aregued to be given the right to remove vehicle coverings and even then it had to be done with another attendant present so they could vouch fo the fact their colleague didnt scratch or damage the bike in any way.
2nd. i'm not sure if Camden's wardens even use cameras or take pics of tickets on the bikes. Please keep an eye out for me on that one.
3rd, no tax disc details....no validty of ticket!
4th, Colour...hmm can be dificult to argue cos it is white in the area he uncovered.... if he was legally allowed to uncover it of course!

I'll have a little read of the Camden website tonight to ccheck a few facts but Paul if you have some time please see if they take/provide pics of offences for me and post it in here for me.

And anyway as you kinow buddy the whole appeal process isn't really that intimidating right? After all you wont he last appeal pretty much all by yourself as i didn't say a word.

Yes i know, me not saying anything is hard to believe but just ask the Bender, he'll tells ya
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-08, 03:16 PM   #9
wyrdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
4th, Colour...hmm can be dificult to argue cos it is white in the area he uncovered.... if he was legally allowed to uncover it of course!
Perhaps he should accompany his challenge with photos taken at such an angle that only red bodywork is showing.
Old 27-11-08, 03:24 PM   #10
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

I'd say some Tw*t had chained your bike to the fence as a joke, you went home to get a saw and covered it up in the meantime to protect from rain !

Mmmm will that work ..... I fink not LOL?
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote