SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 22-11-08, 10:10 PM   #21
monkey

Default Re: Crashy McGee Attempt 2

It's quite clear from the picture that he didn't stop in the middle of the road. He must've backed up to see if you were ok when you dropped it! Think you may be concussed though. Why else would you spend so long in the freezing cold to fit a scottoiler?!

These cab drivers are amazing. It's funny that now they have stickers on I can actually say that 90% of to**ers on the road are cabbys!
Old 22-11-08, 10:36 PM   #22
Airwolf

+1 to the above.....

sorry to she what happened mate

why did he try to turn in the middle of the carriage way when theres a round about coming up (thats if i,m thinking of the right bit of the 316).
d..kheads.... did he have a UK license.....
Old 22-11-08, 10:38 PM   #23
Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
It's quite clear from the picture that he didn't stop in the middle of the road. He must've backed up to see if you were ok when you dropped it! Think you may be concussed though. Why else would you spend so long in the freezing cold to fit a scottoiler?!

These cab drivers are amazing. It's funny that now they have stickers on I can actually say that 90% of to**ers on the road are cabbys!
It works great I'll have you know. Would have offered you a cuppa mate, but I don't have a kettle.

Thanks for the messages guys and gals, turns out the bike is ok with the only damage being scratches to the tank, a cracked mudguard (again), dinged exhaust, scuff on the rear right tail pod and a scuffed R&G. I found a loose breather hose while fitting the Scottoiler which might explain why the bike has been running a tad lumpy recently....unless it became loose in the drop.

Just wondering whether or not to contact the insurance company about it......I've got 3 years unprotected no claims and don't want it affected, and I can see the insurance saying that it's a 50/50.

Cheers,

Paul

Last edited by Davies; 22-11-08 at 10:43 PM.
Old 23-11-08, 09:10 AM   #24
Bear

As far as the insurance are concerned you hit him from behind, meaning you didn't give an adequate following distance, meaning it's your fault.

So no, I wouldn't get them involved!

Was there any damage to his car? If so he can claim from you but you cannot claim from him. It's ALWAYS cut and dried the fault of the person behind in a 2 vehicle accident like this.

Sorry mate!
Old 23-11-08, 10:15 AM   #25
Stig

I wouldn't bother with the insurance either. I always say if its going to cost me less out of my pocket than what it will cost me in insurance hike, there is only one option,
Old 24-11-08, 10:34 PM   #26
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
It's ALWAYS cut and dried the fault of the person behind in a 2 vehicle accident like this.

Sorry mate!
Not according to the copper who showed up when i got rear ended by a woman on her phone at about 5mph.

He just let her go and proceeded to attempt to give me a lecture in road safety!!!!
Sroopid gt he was.

Pauly, babe, i only just seen this dude. Hope the medicine i suggested helped a little at least
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-08, 11:53 PM   #27
joshmac

This yellow T-shirt is more popular than I thought!
You could've just asked me for it

Seriously though, glad your OK. I'll bring the T-shirt to Soho when my bike's ridable again.

Old 26-11-08, 01:29 AM   #28
monkey

I think we all need to stop playing silly buggers and stop crashing into things. It's not big and it's not clever. (It's a bit funny though, especially when your bike gets magnetised to taxi bumpers!)

Besides that it's not very fashionable.

Bikesafe '09 anyone?
Old 26-11-08, 10:36 AM   #29
joshmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
Bikesafe '09 anyone?
Woop!
Old 26-11-08, 10:42 AM   #30
Davies