SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-07-23, 11:52 AM   #11
Craig380
Mega Poster

Default Re: A ride in the rain

This is it, I don't ride for transport anymore, it's purely for fun. And navigating greasy roads with spray clouding my visor while getting damp ain't fun!
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-23, 03:52 PM   #12
garynortheast
Mega Poster

The biggest revelation about riding in the rain for me was discovering Pinlock visor inserts. No more struggling to see through a steamed up window!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-23, 07:05 AM   #13
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
The biggest revelation about riding in the rain for me was discovering Pinlock visor inserts. No more struggling to see through a steamed up window!
Have to agree 100 % I tried everything from a cloth between my legs (to reach down & use to clear the visor), washing up liquid, Bob Heath Visor spray etc. etc., But nothing compared to my 1st pinlock, it was a revelation
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-23, 08:29 PM   #14
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Still haven't decided if I'm going out tomorrow. I really hate riding in the rain but the fact I've not had chance to get out on the bike in weeks is really irritating. Especially as the weather was nice today...

Like some of you's I rode year round for quite a while before I actually got a car, and I've done way too many miles with my feet in sweaty plastic bags as my boots were soaking wet. Don't get me started on that ride home one Christmas while I was a student when it pished down the whole three hours and my oversuit started leaking in the crotch after ten minutes, and most of the pressies in my throwovers got a bit damp.
Old 22-07-23, 10:10 AM   #15
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Woke up stupidly early as Lady Poppy is not here (visiting her sister) and everything felt wrong. The overnight rain that was forecast did not happen so decided to have breakfast at the mobile caff outside On Yer Bike, aka Ducati/Kawasaki Aylesbury.

I got half way through my brekkie baguette when it started to lightly drizzle. Only a few spots but headed off soon after, and thankfully it was no worse the rest of the way home, via a rather odd route that saw me dodging all the HS2 sites around Wendover and Gt Missenden, and a garden centre pit stop for organic seaweed plant food (for the veg plot, not a follow up breakfast course).

Not the full day out I was hoping to have but at least I got out.