SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-02-06, 05:14 PM   #1
tomjones2

Default how long should insurance money take to come through

I know this is a open question but i was knocked off last summer in germany.

After much messing about with languages the german company has passed the case their UK representatives who has attmitted full liablity about 2 months ago but i am still waiting for my money. Should I be more paitent or is someone dragging there feet somewhere.

Do insurnace claims have a timeout period on them?

Cheers
Old 03-02-06, 05:19 PM   #2
Viney
Mega Poster

Er, took mine 30 months to be fully settled!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-06, 05:22 PM   #3
tomjones2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
Er, took mine 30 months to be fully settled!
Did the other party contest the claim?
Old 03-02-06, 05:43 PM   #4
mac608

Mine best part of two years, and the other party had admitted full liability. My solicitor had to issue a writ in the end.

My advice, keep the pressure on your solicitor, I was ringing about once a week in the end. I think they issued the writ just to stop me ringing them

Good luck
mac608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-06, 05:54 PM   #5
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

This is how you work out how long it will take to get a payout.

Think of a date that they feal like sorting the claim out, then add a random number of days before or after, but the likleyhood of it being sorted before that date is based on quantam theory and the same applies to how long after that date.

So basicly you will never know.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-06, 06:11 PM   #6
Mariner

There are set down guidelines on how long things should take, if you are concerned you should contact the insurance ombudsman office for further info. A lot of things have to happen before you get paid out, even once they have admitted liability you have to agree on the value of the claim. This will cover value of bike, value of accessories including clothing, cost of recovery, and any personal injury claim. Any initial contact must be responded to within 90 days, and after that it is usually 90 days for any contact. Bear in mind though that you can claim intetest on the money owed.
The hard part is getting them to accept liability, if they have accepted full liability then you are very fortunate and things should be fairly straight forward as long as you don't take the p!ss and go rididculous on the value of the claim.
Old 03-02-06, 06:13 PM   #7
Anonymous

Last time this happened to me it took several months. They paid me interest, but I'd rather have had the money sooner.
Old 03-02-06, 06:32 PM   #8
Ceri JC

Chase them regularly, otherwise it sits undealt with on their desk. You need to give them a nudge every inch of the way.
Old 03-02-06, 06:32 PM   #9
RWR

How long is a piece of string wet or dry?
Old 03-02-06, 07:11 PM   #10
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWR
How long is a piece of string wet or dry?
Indeed (& I haven't had to wait for a payout )