SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-05-06, 02:11 PM   #1
K

Default Paddington Bear was right.

Well, what with work's ****-up and me not even getting paid SSP last month, or this month...

... or next month(!) things are a little on the lean side.

I've got a bit of money coming it tomorrow so I can do some shopping but I'm hungry NOW!

So, take a look in the cupboard - bread. Staple of my appaling diet.

So - sandwich it is then.

Marmalade. Hmmm, well apart from a butter sandwich that's the only option - so, I figure if it's good enough for Paddington Bear then it's good enough for me.

And you know what, he's right. It's actually really nice - and I don't even really like marmalade on toast (don't ask what it's doing in my cupboard).

So - what stuff have .Orgers eaten when money has gone the way of the dodo, your back's against the wall and hunger cries vengence from the depth of you rapidly shrinking stomach?
Old 26-05-06, 02:13 PM   #2
socommk23

toast
Old 26-05-06, 02:27 PM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Re: Paddington Bear was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K
So - what stuff have .Orgers eaten when money has gone the way of the dodo, your back's against the wall and hunger cries vengence from the depth of you rapidly shrinking stomach?
Next doors kids
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-06, 02:29 PM   #4
Shinsei Jutsu

dog biscuits!

Ok that wasn't cos i was starving it was a bet, I won, i ate 4 of them. And guess what I won, not a lot actually. After all the laughing and pointing and stuff was over I forgot we even made a bet.
Old 26-05-06, 02:35 PM   #5
Kilted Ginger

117 out of date jaffa cakes, on sale at local shop 10p per pack, so we had a comp to see who could eat the most, tasted exactly the same on way back up.
Old 26-05-06, 02:39 PM   #6
Ed

Porridge. I like it with very coarsely milled oats, the Sainsbos ones are pretty good
Old 26-05-06, 02:44 PM   #7
Law

Default Re: Paddington Bear was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K

I ran out of student loan with a week left of term. All I had was the 5kg bag of rice my mum made me take. Plain boiled rice and tap water anyone?
Old 26-05-06, 02:44 PM   #8
Jabba

At Uni I once had to eat a daffodil after losing a wager on the outcome of a Wales v England rugby match.

It was a very public wager on the Friday, and very public daffodil-munch on the Monday, 200+ people packed into the refrectory.............
Old 26-05-06, 02:49 PM   #9
wyrdness

Home made pizza. Make some dough, stretch it out and put some veggies and grated cheese on top. Time consuming, but not very expensive.

If you're starving, maybe we should do a .org K 'food run' and bring you a parcel of marmite and chocolate
Old 26-05-06, 02:57 PM   #10
MeridiaNx

Very random this, but read today that it was Jeremy Clarkson's mum who made the first Paddington Bears and was given the license to make them by Michael Bond. Clarko's job was repping round the country trying to flog 'em.

I'm a mine of useless information