SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2007 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2007 SV650.org's bigger & better annual rideout.

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-07, 02:31 PM   #11
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
So there's only a ride-out on the saturday?
What about Sunday? Nobody going to hang around for another quick blast?
Or Monday for that matter...
So of us will have a 300+ miles ride home, so i doubt it.

As for Amarkos route... all well and good, but you havent been on a AR! 180 miles is too long.

It needs to be simple, as in not a huge amount of turns/Junctions or too many very narrow roads. Its difficult getting 20 bikes to stay togehter let alone 60+ bikes. always that to take into mind.

Yes there might be hundereds of amazing roads, but we only ned a few, sort of strung togehter, and NO Motorway
Old 06-02-07, 07:37 PM   #12
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
Quote:

As for Amarkos route... all well and good, but you havent been on a AR! 180 miles is too long.

It needs to be simple, as in not a huge amount of turns/Junctions or too many very narrow roads. Its difficult getting 20 bikes to stay togehter let alone 60+ bikes. always that to take into mind.

Yes there might be hundereds of amazing roads, but we only ned a few, sort of strung togehter, and NO Motorway
Good points Mr Vine...
Old 06-02-07, 11:11 PM   #13
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovi5
Quote:
i will
My campings currently booked until Sunday but I can stay a while longer as I live locally and have a very understanding boss who's also a biker. He may be coming along too but he's the one on the tiger.

Old 06-02-07, 11:15 PM   #14
hovis

i will be booking this friday, but i might stop off in bradford to visit family on the way home as if i book tuesday off, i wont have to be in work untill the friday.

which is nice

Old 06-02-07, 11:58 PM   #15
Ed

Quote:
i will be booking this friday, but i might stop off in bradford to visit family on the way home as if i book tuesday off, i wont have to be in work untill the friday.
I simply cannot work that one out

Old 07-02-07, 12:40 AM   #16
amarko5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
Quote:

Ohh but i have mr Viney

if you wants a shorter route then a shorter route you shall have, one thing though your gonna be travelling 300 miles to see exceptionally little of the lakes if the route is to be 120 miles.

pity the other site at sykeside or the one near penrith wern't suitable as the campsite your at eats up 50 or so miles (there and back) before you hit the lakes

Old 07-02-07, 08:30 AM   #17
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed
Quote:
no....nor me?

i will start again

i will be booking the campsite this friday, for the friday & saturday nights of the ride out.the week after the ride out im working tuesday & friday, so...if i book the tuesday off i will not have to be in work untill the friday so i might stay in bradford for a few days after the weekend of the AR

Old 07-02-07, 10:25 AM   #18
Baph

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed
Quote:
no....nor me?

i will start again

i will be booking the campsite this friday, for the friday & saturday nights of the ride out.the week after the ride out im working tuesday & friday, so...if i book the tuesday off i will not have to be in work untill the friday so i might stay in bradford for a few days after the weekend of the AR
The question is, why would you want to do that? I mean, come on, bradford...

Old 07-02-07, 12:03 PM   #19
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed
Quote:
no....nor me?

i will start again

The question is, why would you want to do that? I mean, come on, bradford...
cos my aunty BAKES propper PARKIN

Old 08-02-07, 10:44 PM   #20
petevtwin650

Can't make this due to being abroad, so feel free to ignore/ridicule my comments.

Firstly aren't the Lakes gonna be just a bit too busy this time of year?

Secondly if you do the Lakes, would it not be possible to have a route where some of the riders can stop and wait whilst those wanting more of the riding experience can hoon off and collect the waiting pack on the way back to continue en-mass.

Closed Thread