SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2007 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2007 SV650.org's bigger & better annual rideout.

Old 05-06-07, 12:15 PM   #1
Baph

Default Baph's ride-up route (to the campsite)

Mods, apologies if you don't want this here, just seemed a natural place to put it. Feel free to move it.

Right, inspired by Rossi_C (make that the realisation he was depending on me to sort a route out for us) and seeing Jester666's route involving the M66 etc, I decided I'd stick in my 2penneth.

OK, So as most of you know, I live on Anglesey, which means A55/A5117/M56 to get to Warrington and pickup Rossi_C. That's that bit sorted. Ross, we just need to sort out where we're meeting. There's a hotel just off one of the Warrington junctions on the M56 that I've slept in before, sounds like the ideal place to me?

From Warrington, head up the M56, M60, then M61 briefly, coming off at J3 (I think anyway) on the A666 for Bolton. SPEEDCAMERAS ON THE A666!!

After Blackburn, the A666 branches (again, watch out for speed cameras coming into the Blackburn area!!) into the A59, simple stuff. Follow that until Gisburn, turning left at the staggered crossroads on to the A682. This then merges into the A65 dropping you in Austwick for the campsite.

Tent's go up, crap goes in the tents.

Depending on time, I might have a blat up to Kendel on the friday (nice cake there - Quiff you listening? Also maybe a little beer/cash run etc) then back via Ingmire Hall & Kirkby Lonsdale Golf Club to the A65 & back to Austwick. Nice bit of road that.

Before anyone flames me for not putting up a rideout route, I'm VERY sketchy on the roads around there, and I don't want to dissapoint anyone. I don't care where we ride or at what pace, so someone with more knowledge of the roads can put something together for the organised ride.

Time wise, I'm hoping to set off pretty early on the Friday. The route I've proposed should take around 3h 30mins, and I'd like to get to the campsite around 2pm ish. That means setting off at around 10-11am, and taking a relaxed ride up. Ross, that puts me around Warrington about 11am-12 ish. Give me a shout if you want to amend times/route.

For those using Jester666's route, I know you're travelling a long way, but you could skip over from Haslingden to meet the A666 by Preston, or take the A58 through Bury to avoid some more motorway miles. Just a thought.

Caveat to all of the above: This is all from a 2min look at a map, I'm still debating the Blackburn bypass idea, which is why I haven't put a map up!

EDIT: Possibly an easier way around Blackburn would be to jump on the M65 at J4, then head up to J6 on the A6119 to the T junction & turn right, picking up the A666 again and avoiding a shed load of speed cameras...

Last edited by Baph; 05-06-07 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-06-07, 04:31 PM   #2
mac608

Default Re: Baph's ride-up route (to the campsite)

Alternative route & one I will be taking either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning (depends on whether I can get out of a 21st Party on the Friday, and a meal with friends on the Saturday) is
M60, M66, A56, M65 to junction 13, pick up A682 to Gisburn
mac608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 05:41 PM   #3
slark01

Baph, at the mo looks like Stewie and I will be joining you.
Old 05-06-07, 06:14 PM   #4
stewie

Yeah sounds good to me baph mate
Old 05-06-07, 07:14 PM   #5
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slark01 View Post
Baph, at the mo looks like Stewie and I will be joining you.
Think I best not. Everytime I go out with Baph I ride like a numpty. Last time I wrecked me bike!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 07:26 PM   #6
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Think I best not. Everytime I go out with Baph I ride like a numpty. Last time I wrecked me bike!
Hey, don't you go blaming me! You decided on the route for last time, remember?
Old 05-06-07, 07:39 PM   #7
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Hey, don't you go blaming me! You decided on the route for last time, remember?
Yeah,s alright mate Im busy fri morn, probably see up there.....he he .lol
Old 05-06-07, 11:11 PM   #8
Baph

Looks like Stewie has dropped out of the Friday ride-up. Slark01, if you're wanting to meet me & Rossi_C, I'll just need to know where you want to meet. Somewhere that's easy to find would be great.

I'll stick up a definite route in the next few days or so, and you can program your satnav (waypoints/favourites for via points works well ). That way I don't have to worry about following the route I chose

EDIT: It's still WIP, but here's a couple of options for the ride-up. I like google maps, I can amend it at any time

Last edited by Baph; 06-06-07 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-06-07, 08:30 AM   #9
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Yeah,s alright mate Im busy fri morn, probably see up there.....he he .lol
I was joking, cant wait, see you on the fri morning
Old 06-06-07, 08:32 AM   #10
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I was joking, cant wait, see you on the fri morning
For that, you can lead

So where do you lot want to meet up? If you look at the above link, I've put the meeting point roughly where the A49 meets the M56. If this means coming down to meet me, then going back up towards the campsite, we can move the meet point easily.