SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 07-05-09, 11:14 AM   #1
markallen5

Default SV650 for sale. W reg,(2000).Low miles.V.G.C.

My SV650 does not get ridden enough! So....i've decided to sell it.

I bought this bike in september of 2007. After many years of not having a bike, and approaching 50! After searching for quite a while I found this one.
Why did I buy this one?........The bloke I bought it off was also "middle aged!", but he had considerably more money than me and he collected bikes. When I went to see it, it was parked in an extension he had built which also housed his central heating boiler, so it was nice and dry in there. It was parked next to a very expensive looking Ducati,another SV,and a couple of other shiny sports bikes. He had installed OHLINS fork springs. He hardly ever rode it.
It had done 14479 miles and he had just serviced it himself.

The original owner, a woman, had kept it serviced as there are stamps in the book for 600,4000,7550 and 10,500 miles, which was in january 2002.She then sold it on to whoever sold it to the bloke I bought it off, who got it in 2004.
Since I have owned it I have done just under 1000 touble free miles, as it's now showing 15464 miles.It has lived in a stone built workshop in the dry, i've started it every few weeks if I haven't been out on it. At the last MOT which was last september, it had done 14603, due to the fact that health problems and lack of time meant i'd hardly ridden it. It flew through with no work needed. It is taxed till the end of feb next year.It has alpha dot security, good tyres, chain and sprockets.
The only things "wrong" with it are. The paint is a bit worn on some of the engine casing, see photo. At one time it's had a different silencer, so it's been cut and could do with tidying up, see photo. The sticker on the radiator cap has come out and i've lost it, see photo. One of the little caps on the mirrors has come out .
SO.....There you have it. It's certainly not led a hard life in the last few years. I'm sure with much searching you could probably find one from this year for a bit less money..BUT, NOT with this few miles, clocked up on sunny afternoons, and in such Good Condition. IT COULD BE YOURS for £1475. The bike is situated in South Wales, near Carmarthen, viewing is recomended. Mark. Seem to be having trouble getting more than 2 photos on this thread so i'll put some more up on another thread.

Old 07-05-09, 11:45 AM   #2
Jamiebridges123

Default Re: SV650 for sale. W reg,(2000).Low miles.V.G.C.

Looks pretty tidy mate
Old 07-05-09, 12:22 PM   #3
radicalry00

Default Re: SV650 for sale. W reg,(2000).Low miles.V.G.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markallen5 View Post

Added the photos from the other thread in here mate. Nice looking bike. I'd come and view it but I'm waiting till the end of June to buy my bike. Best of luck with the sale.